Where has everyone gone?

Lionsteele

The Dmac slander seems to have gone missing?

Just looking at all the posts throughout the season about league one or two player at best is a load of rubbish.

Without doubt he has been one of our best players the last 4/5 games, I don’t wanna hear ‘he’s one of our own’ free ride rubbish because it doesn’t exist,

The only reason I want to post this is to highlight the pure bandwagon that people post online when in reality, the people that go to games can see what he brings and others bring despite their bias.

He will make a mistake as will others, but it’s like certain fans cannot wait for one of our own to make a mistake so that they can use it as a reason against for why they are being played.

Just looking at all the posts throughout the season about league one or two player at best is a load of rubbish.

Without doubt he has been one of our best players the last 4/5 games, I don’t wanna hear ‘he’s one of our own’ free ride rubbish because it doesn’t exist,

The only reason I want to post this is to highlight the pure bandwagon that people post online when in reality, the people that go to games can see what he brings and others bring despite their bias.

He will make a mistake as will others, but it’s like certain fans cannot wait for one of our own to make a mistake so that they can use it as a reason against for why they are being played.
Formation had a lot to do with it in my opinion. I think a lot of it was because he was being played as a wingback and he’s an out an out fullback and a very good one at that. He is miles more comfortable in a role that utilises his strengths. Same for Murray he’s not a wingback either.

Coops is another, we want him heading and blocking in a 2 man centre back pairing not being used as a left back in a 3 where he is clearly uncomfortable and people moan. Fleming as a wide man was another example.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with DM. Always puts in a shift. The formation we had been using under JE did no one any favours. He has been moved to the left to keep Lenny in the position he works best. As I have said before Honey & Lenny are the engine room of our team. The only player I am not sure about is Obafemi. He seems a bit lazy off the ball.

I thought he was brilliant yesterday, but also I hadn't been aware of any large amount of criticism of him.
Billy Mitchell seems to come in for a load of stick too which I cannot understand. He doesn't stop during the whole 90 minutes, gives everything and is totally dependable. He's not Glenn Hoddle but he doesn't try to be and isn't that kinda midfielder. There were people giving him stick yesterday saying he was "useless" and "lazy" - I quite honestly don't know what these fucking morons are actually looking at sometimes. I think Billy has been fantastic in the middle with Sav last couple of games.

I thought he was brilliant yesterday, but also I hadn't been aware of any large amount of criticism of him.
Billy Mitchell seems to come in for a load of stick too which I cannot understand. He doesn't stop during the whole 90 minutes, gives everything and is totally dependable. He's not Glenn Hoddle but he doesn't try to be and isn't that kinda midfielder. There were people giving him stick yesterday saying he was "useless" and "lazy" - I quite honestly don't know what these fucking morons are actually looking at sometimes. I think Billy has been fantastic in the middle with Sav last couple of games.

Dmac had it all the time online aswell. I genuinely think people just say it though so it they can feel like they’re having some sort of weird input when they’re not actually watching the games.

Yes Billy does run non stop but is the most negative midfielder we have , never creates a chance ,rarely gets a effort on goal and his passing is either backwards or sideways ,he is a stopper/ spoiler but we need a bit more then that now , de norre gives us more on the ball & with our filtering forward line we need to create more from our midfield players

Good post mate. It seems that certain posters only comment when they want to slag a player. Danny is playing in what i believe is his best position and we're benefiting from that.

I think Billy has been fantastic in the middle with Sav last couple of games.
I think Saville is a big player for us and brings the best out of Mitchell when they play together. We may not get the goals and assists that Saville once contributed but his experience and nous is priceless.You see him talking Billy through the game. I think Billy is a much better player for having Saville by his side. Ig Billy had goals in him he probably wouldn't be with us. One thing you can be sure of is he won't hide and always puts a shift in.

Good post mate. It seems that certain posters only comment when they want to slag a player. Danny is playing in what i believe is his best position and we're benefiting from that.
100% mate.

If he went to QPR when they bid he would have flourished in another side when played in the correct position.

At this level he is a top RB & now LB. Rarely gets beat one on one. The difference he makes compared to Wallace is clear to see.

Some people slag the players when it’s undeserved & never give them props always when they do well & then wait for them to have a bad game again.

I think Saville is a big player for us and brings the best out of Mitchell when they play together. We may not get the goals and assists that Saville once contributed but his experience and nous is priceless.You see him talking Billy through the game. I think Billy is a much better player for having Saville by his side. Ig Billy had goals in him he probably wouldn't be with us. One thing you can be sure of is he won't hide and always puts a shift in.
Savs is tops and consistently consistent. Favourite player on this squad for certain and has been.
(y)🦉

I had been critical of Billy under Rowett and especially Edwards, as he always seemed to pass sideways or backwards, but the last two games he has been a different player, some were critical of him yesterday, but I thought he did really well in reading the game, got in some crucial tackles and closed down space well, and was always looking for the forward pass meaning we never really got overrun in Midfield. Yes he made some mistakes yesterday, but so did a lot of the players, but to a man they all put in a shift!

Some people slag the players when it’s undeserved & never give them props always when they do well & then wait for them to have a bad game again.
Indeed. They must be so perfect in everything they do. I don't mind reading criticism when it's constructive but it's rarely the case. I also believe in supporting a player when he's having an off day, after all it's why we go ain't it!.

To be fare the hatters had considerable damage with the high winds. So that is taking all their time at the moment.
No doubt they will be back as soon as we drop a point

Yes Billy does run non stop but is the most negative midfielder we have , never creates a chance ,rarely gets a effort on goal and his passing is either backwards or sideways ,he is a stopper/ spoiler but we need a bit more then that now , de norre gives us more on the ball & with our filtering forward line we need to create more from our midfield players
Throw in Billy doesn’t win 50/50 contested headers/tackles and is regularly caught in no man’s land and in possession🤦‍♂️. I know I’ll get slaughtered by his admirers but, take away his headless running, he’s a liability 👎

I think if we don't play with proper wingers we should play a narrow midfield 3, De Norre Honeyman and Saville would be my choice for the rest of the season with Flemming in the 10 behind Obafemi and Emakhu.

There are those on this Forum who don’t rate Billy and others that do. There’s always been differing views on players and that’ll never change.

Some confine their comments to players/managers but others feel the need to dig the poster out. Don’t know why but if that’s their thing 🤷‍♂️
It's time to show Loyalty and Faith to our players and management. For the next 10 games, no matter what happens. Unless you like a Third Division future for us.

Members online