Who do you want to replace Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice Danny Mac trying to explain to the defenders (mainly Tarango) how the defensive 5 system is supposed to work after we let the second goal in??? If he has to do that then surely we really should not be playing it. Its amazingly stupid to play a system the players are not suited too. We are in a battle now, just stick to a 442 and drop those who won’t help defend or put a shift in.

This post is irrelevant. Its clear that the club will stick by this appointment come what may. It was indeed a bold move, and solving a long term problem and moving forward is not going to happen overnight. Those players who are clearly giving less than the required 100% need shifting. Blaming the whole current situ on one man is not valid. Explain why the likes of Cooper, Leonard, Wallace, Fleming, Mitchell to name a few have looked so lethargic in recent weeks.....this goes deeper than 'Edwards is a sham and needs moving on'. To my eyes there seems to be some inflated egos putting themselves before the club that we love. I await the Haters flack.....im not defending JE but some of 4he above comments and suggestions for replacing him are laughable
It's probably related to the fact that a lot of those players have been in the game for as long as JE and just think his ideas and methods are wrong and clearly aren't working, we see it on game day, they see it every fucking day. The guy has good intentions but he is out of his depth, has lost the dressing room and needs to go.

They have at hoofball with aging limited players. I personally think playing hoofball this season would have put us in the same position, it was sussed our style. Teams were running through us and round us last season wracking up 75 % possession . More of the same this season would have happened unless we rebuild with younger player’s brought up on more accurate passing game with some nice control added too. Pleasurable too watch.
I know what you're saying but this isn't pleasurable and personally watching tippy tappy bollocks like Swansea and Southampton played under Russell Martin bores the tits off me. Any manager worth his salt would have adapted for today knowing how Wednesday play, but he just continues with his methodology knowing full well that the defenders particularly will never be good enough to get away with possession football at this level. That's simply not good enough and isn't a way to successful management

This post is irrelevant. Its clear that the club will stick by this appointment come what may. It was indeed a bold move, and solving a long term problem and moving forward is not going to happen overnight. Those players who are clearly giving less than the required 100% need shifting. Blaming the whole current situ on one man is not valid. Explain why the likes of Cooper, Leonard, Wallace, Fleming, Mitchell to name a few have looked so lethargic in recent weeks.....this goes deeper than 'Edwards is a sham and needs moving on'. To my eyes there seems to be some inflated egos putting themselves before the club that we love. I await the Haters flack.....im not defending JE but some of 4he above comments and suggestions for replacing him are laughable
A lot of our players will know that they will not be here next season under Edwards they are players who know that they cant survive in the Championship (which gets harder every season) or they are players coming towards the end of their career and most know they will be playing league one or worse, so why don't they take us down and stay in their comfort zone on good money ?????

I know what you're saying but this isn't pleasurable and personally watching tippy tappy bollocks like Swansea and Southampton played under Russell Martin bores the tits off me. Any manager worth his salt would have adapted for today knowing how Wednesday play, but he just continues with his methodology knowing full well that the defenders particularly will never be good enough to get away with possession football at this level. That's simply not good enough and isn't a way to successful management
Agree with your opinion, would say in his defence that his way is the way it’s gonna be in the future, if he keeps here. Might be the way he’s coached all his career and thinks it folly changing it for aging players that might not be in his squad next season.

This post is irrelevant. It’s clear that the club will stick by this appointment come what may. It was indeed a bold move, and solving a long term problem and moving forward is not going to happen overnight. Those players who are clearly giving less than the required 100% need shifting. Blaming the whole current situ on one man is not valid. Explain why the likes of Cooper, Leonard, Wallace, Fleming, Mitchell to name a few have looked so lethargic in recent weeks.....this goes deeper than 'Edwards is a sham and needs moving on'. To my eyes there seems to be some inflated egos putting themselves before the club that we love. I await the Haters flack.....im not defending JE but some of 4he above comments and suggestions for replacing him are laughable
Very good assessment/post mate

If you really
They have at hoofball with aging limited players. I personally think playing hoofball this season would have put us in the same position, it was sussed our style. Teams were running through us and round us last season wracking up 75 % possession . More of the same this season would have happened unless we rebuild with younger player’s brought up on more accurate passing game with some nice control added too. Pleasurable too watch.
If you think that Harris and Rowett just played hoofball then you ain't gonna win any argument with Edwards, jut because they didn't play pretty tip tap football doesn't mean they didn't know how to win games and manage players.
To me those that think they were poor managers that just told players to kick the ball long don't know football.

How do we know JE is not up to the task. Give him the tools
Look at the results mate. They might give you a clue. He took the job in full knowledge of what he had to work with. He can't so needs to be fucked off. As for give him the tools------ how much are these tools gonna cost and how many does he want? 11? 6? We have one tool but unfortunately he's manager ( of sorts ) we simply can't afford the type of technically adept players that he can cope with. So we give him four-----then what? Still not enough. The experiment is over mate and he's failed abysmally. You think he's going to get tippy tappy cunts to sign for a league one side?

Barratt until the season closes.
Pretty much carried on in a similar way from Rowett for the few games he had and can't imagine we would be in a worse position than we are now if he had stayed manager.
Having said that, I do think we need a more experienced person to keep us up, seen Jackett mentioned but his days are gone , we need to realise that football has changed a lot in the last few years.
Someone who knows the Championship and has done well in it recently, Heckingbottom has the cv that I would be looking for but whoever it is , it has to work, this relegation would be the worse we have ever suffered in terms of the amount of work and money that has gone into getting us to where we are, 8 years without too much worry is a long time for us and we won't recover easily.

I’ve no idea who we get in next.

I feel sorry for James Berylson who has lost his father, then Rowett walks out knowing the team is on the downward spiral. He then relies on advice from Kavanagh and Aldridge on who to appoint next.

Rowett, Kavanagh and Aldridge are equally responsible for the position we are in. Edwards was contacted out of the blue to apply for the job and unfortunately is not up to the task.

People like George Graham and Kenny Jackett left the club in a better position than when they first arrived and there is no-one currently at the club apart from the chairman with that integrity.
Rowett didn't walk out, your precious James Berylson sacked him

Look at the results mate. They might give you a clue. He took the job in full knowledge of what he had to work with.

Spot on. After stating he watched us numerous times last season also.. he knew what he was taking on, and we have certainly turned into a rollover team who can't last more than 20 minutes. Huge gaps all over the pitch, the setup and instructions only come from one bloke. We literally played with 1 centre back today, even though we had 5 defenders. Cooper way too far left, Leonard way too far right, tanganga left defending on his own between the goal posts... my point is clearly highlighted with (i think) the 2nd goal, gap between Tanganga and Leonard was huge. Awful tactician.

Along with many others on here I am really frustrated with the way things are moving. I listened very carefully what Joe said in his post match interview and it really doesn’t make sense. If you are coaching in a particular way and that way is not working then you either have to adapt it or change it completely. He said that they will just have to go away next week and work hard to iron out the errors but, as I said above if you have tried and tried and it still isn’t working then you have to do something about it.
If you are a really good coach then you analyse what is not going right and you change it so that it goes better. Maybe the truth is that if you are working as a number two to somebody else and things don’t go right then you can hide a little behind the main man’s back. Or if you are working in the England set up with talented young players and you are only facing a game or two every few months then the urgency is different.
At this level you are never afforded that luxury. The games come thick and fast and you really do have to face the pressure every day of the week and then produce a result on a Saturday. If you can’t do that then it is time to step aside and let somebody else see if they can do a better job. At the minute it is simply not working and I am not sure whether working hard in training, sticking together and trying to stick to the plan will make any difference.
On the drive home with Zac and TT Zac said a mate of his who is also a ball boy said he overheard Joe say in the dugout ‘Why do they not listen to what we tell them in training’? Who knows?
If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it but if it is broke beyond repair then we need a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.