Who do you want to replace Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know JE is not up to the task. Give him the tools and he might just be able to do it. A goalscorer would be a good start. Equivalent in my game as a pencil and tape.
He tried changing the system, the players are square pegs in round holes and yet he continues to make them play this way. Every single player has gone backwards since he came in

He tried changing the system, the players are square pegs in round holes and yet he continues to make them play this way. Every single player has gone backwards since he came in
Get rid if they can’t pass, trap a ball or move into space. Very basic although might need practice.

Just have a look at Qpr at the start of November they got rid of the clown Ainsworth and replaced him with Cifuentes a bloke who knew nothing about English championship football but with no budget and the threat of a points deduction at anytime he can get a tune out of the players he inherited and pick up points and probably keep them up

How do we know JE is not up to the task. Give him the tools and he might just be able to do it. A goalscorer would be a good start. Equivalent in my game as a pencil and tape.
I think we are down regardless, don't see th point of paying off JE to bring in someone who probably won't save us, for me we either stick with JE or get Nugent to take over until the end of the seasons. Then completely overhaul the coaching staff, neither Rowett or Edwards have brought in their own coaching teams, which is the reason IMHO that we have stagnated as a club, we have had the same coaching staff for the last 5 years or so and think their methods are no longer relevant.

Get rid if they can’t pass, trap a ball or move into space. Very basic although might need practice.

So in your opinion, the problem is the players, not Edwards? So all we need to do is get rid of all the players, bring in some technically superior footballers and it will be fine? How do we do that at this stage of the season or for the matter, any time?

Edwards now has a worse record than Spackman. He is that fucking bad.

I think we are down regardless, don't see th point of paying off JE to bring in someone who probably won't save us, for me we either stick with JE or get Nugent to take over until the end of the seasons. Then completely overhaul the coaching staff, neither Rowett or Edwards have brought in their own coaching teams, which is the reason IMHO that we have stagnated as a club, we have had the same coaching staff for the last 5 years or so and think their methods are no longer relevant.

13 games left. Fourth from bottom and we should throw in the towel, accept relegation, the massive financial hit we would take and put our lot in with the biggest fraud in football????????????

13 games left. Fourth from bottom and we should throw in the towel, accept relegation, the massive financial hit we would take and put our lot in with the biggest fraud in football????????????
We have been in freefall since January 2023, apart from the Sunderland game where we were robbed of 3 points by shocking officials, we have been poor at home under both Rowett and Edwards, we have a team that capitulates under pressure, neither Rowett or Edwards were able to bring in there own backroom staff, which I think is the problem, the whole coaching team needs shaking up, not just the manager, really cannot see who is out there that can get a tune out of out current players and also have the bottle to drop some of our defence, namely Cooper as we play one dimensional with him in the team.

So in your opinion, the problem is the players, not Edwards? So all we need to do is get rid of all the players, bring in some technically superior footballers and it will be fine? How do we do that at this stage of the season or for the matter, any time?

Edwards now has a worse record than Spackman. He is that fucking bad.
The man needs time to implement exactly what I assume JB got him for. We need to rebuild, won’t happen in 6 months. My opinion.

Barrett already knows 5 at the back does not work. Lone striker does not work. Fleming is not a winger. Coops is a centre back in a 4 not a left back. Danny is a right back not a midfielder (or a left back)……. Either Joe aint listening or Barrett is keeping quiet and just waiting to get his job back.

They've done alright the past 3 years mate
They have at hoofball with aging limited players. I personally think playing hoofball this season would have put us in the same position, it was sussed our style. Teams were running through us and round us last season wracking up 75 % possession . More of the same this season would have happened unless we rebuild with younger player’s brought up on more accurate passing game with some nice control added too. Pleasurable too watch.

Sorry he has to go. There is a rebuild process to start irrespective of which division we are in and it needs an experienced head to oversee it. Ffp maybe the issue though. If it is then the gamble was even more unforgiveable

Just have a look at Qpr at the start of November they got rid of the clown Ainsworth and replaced him with Cifuentes a bloke who knew nothing about English championship football but with no budget and the threat of a points deduction at anytime he can get a tune out of the players he inherited and pick up points and probably keep them up
Chair would walk into any championship side. Sort of player we need and haven’t got, unless romain keeps improving, under JE.

This post is irrelevant. Its clear that the club will stick by this appointment come what may. It was indeed a bold move, and solving a long term problem and moving forward is not going to happen overnight. Those players who are clearly giving less than the required 100% need shifting. Blaming the whole current situ on one man is not valid. Explain why the likes of Cooper, Leonard, Wallace, Fleming, Mitchell to name a few have looked so lethargic in recent weeks.....this goes deeper than 'Edwards is a sham and needs moving on'. To my eyes there seems to be some inflated egos putting themselves before the club that we love. I await the Haters flack.....im not defending JE but some of 4he above comments and suggestions for replacing him are laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.