Who do you want to replace Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he left because of the distance between him and his family, which alluded to many times throughout his tenure and he thought he'd taken the team as far as they could (before spunking the summer transfer kitty), so why would entertain that notion!?.
It’s only for two months and he’s just had three months off. I doubt if his family would mind that much as he’s in the Sky studio every week

I take your point but playing pretty football and losing every week is like having a pretty bird but not getting your leg over.
Just give me a result every time
Again true, playing pretty football doesn't always end in defeat, unless you're Millwall who don't have the majority of players that can play that way.
Me?...I want to see a win by playing football on the front foot and come away with a smile on my boat, not feel like I have put through the grinder..Opinions isn't mate!.

The trouble is that if we make a knee jerk decision now then we are stuck with it (a contract) for 2/3 years
Good point, I wonder how much it'll cost to pay Joe off. If its a lot will seriously restrict who we can get in.

But throwing names about, Woy's free and he won't get many more chances in the game

I would like Heckingbottom. But he is a northerner and I don't know if he'd come south. He is proven at this level, nothing flash, down-to-earth. Had a terrible board at Sheff Utd who gave him nothing to spend when he got them up.

If not him then give it to someone until the end of the season with an avoid relegation bonus. Pulis, Jackett or someone with experience. The best short-term appointment would be Rowett. But I bet he wouldn't come back.

If Edwards goes, Kevin Nugent and Paul Robinson will take the reins until the end of the season.
Failing that get some nastiness in the team, Kevin Muscat.

Joe cannot lift the team morale, so he has to go. Who would come in for a relegation battle that is the problem.

I’ve no idea who we get in next.

I feel sorry for James Berylson who has lost his father, then Rowett walks out knowing the team is on the downward spiral. He then relies on advice from Kavanagh and Aldridge on who to appoint next.

Rowett, Kavanagh and Aldridge are equally responsible for the position we are in. Edwards was contacted out of the blue to apply for the job and unfortunately is not up to the task.

People like George Graham and Kenny Jackett left the club in a better position than when they first arrived and there is no-one currently at the club apart from the chairman with that integrity.

It's all come home to roost.An aging defence being ask to play a new way the board/JE wants is never going to end well.When we had the likes of Ballard/Cresswell the defence looked fresh, but the club can not afford those players, added that we were screaming out for a proper LB and some pace in the middle and none of it has materialised.The board, JE and this Aldridge mong have a lot to answer for...Livid don't explain how I feel about todays result, so feel free to pick this post apart...
Good post, highlighting our defeciencies and expecting JE to play champagne football with lemonade players.

I’ve no idea who we get in next.

I feel sorry for James Berylson who has lost his father, then Rowett walks out knowing the team is on the downward spiral. He then relies on advice from Kavanagh and Aldridge on who to appoint next.

Rowett, Kavanagh and Aldridge are equally responsible for the position we are in. Edwards was contacted out of the blue to apply for the job and unfortunately is not up to the task.

People like George Graham and Kenny Jackett left the club in a better position than when they first arrived and there is no-one currently at the club apart from the chairman with that integrity.
How do we know JE is not up to the task. Give him the tools and he might just be able to do it. A goalscorer would be a good start. Equivalent in my game as a pencil and tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.