Should Edwards Go?

Should Edwards Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality is that it's a 1 in 8 chance we go down, assuming that the bottom two are already down. All those up to Plymouth are still right in it. A third of the season still to play. We'll probably need something like 12 points to be entirely sure but 10 may end up being enough.

I'd honestly and genuinely like to know on what basis some on here have any confidence in Edwards.

He has turned a stable top-half Championship side into a complete shambles. Players like Cooper and Murray, although never world-beaters but reliable, no-nonsense defenders, are now making schoolboy errors. Why is that?

A team that prided itself on being hard to beat, having character, bottle, guts, determination now has suddenly lost all of that. Why is that?

The pattern of games and how they unfold also tell a story. We start well, sometimes take the lead but after the opposition manager works out what's happening and makes changes they get on top and then we have no answer. Why is that?

We have lost more points from winning positions under Edwards than any other team in the division. It used to be the polar opposite. This team would go 1-0 up and that was basically the game. At the very worst we would draw. Now we fold like a pack of cards and show weakness, vulnerability and a staggering lack of fight. Why is that?

Since he took over his record is now the third worst in the division. Replicated over a full season we would be as good as down already.
We’ve been dog shit for one calendar year, go back and look at results and think about performances during those games. The rot set in way before Edwards took over.

Rowett has gone but looking at our results and mixed displays under edwards and you start to wonder how he got this squad of players so competitive at the top end of the table for so long , and though it wasnt always easy to watch some games last season were outstanding the win snd draw with sheff utd and burnley , they took a chance with edwards and it could still go either way if we stay up and i think we will , things vould be very different next season, what woyld really frustrate would be to see edwards go and with the experience here behind him , go on to transform some something or nothing league 1 club like charlton into something out of the ordinary

What is it you suggest they do? I look forward to reading your solution.
The point was surely they don't want him to stay if he is not the best for our club. Just look at his track record, he KNEW what he was taking on, some of his signings are extremely questionable to the point of detriment. There maybe nothing we can actually do per se but surely having the best intentions for our club would be the vote against him staying and sliding down even further. Do you not agree?

You never know, if Millwall were on the ball (no pun intended) they'd have staff reading sites like this and get varying perspectives... it seems some on here have a better idea/solutions than some of them on the board. If they saw that most of the fans had zero confidence in the manager, it may just be the trigger they need.

If they saw that most of the fans had zero confidence in the manager, it may just be the trigger they need.

At 10:46pm, most of the fans didn't have zero confidence (on MO, anyway).
I would wait a little longer before you send the email in demanding the board pull the trigger:**

:grinning:

XX.jpg

At 10:46pm, most of the fans didn't have zero confidence (on MO, anyway).
I would wait a little longer before you send the email in demanding the board pull the trigger:**

:grinning:

View attachment 25227
This was the point of the previous comment I made, I don't understand why people would want someone who is to all intents and purposes taking us down to still be in charge. Have I missed something about Joe?

This was the point of the previous comment I made, I don't understand why people would want someone who is to all intents and purposes taking us down to still be in charge. Have I missed something about Joe?
Playing personnel won’t change! What makes you think anybody else could make them improve on their current performance?

Playing personnel won’t change! What makes you think anybody else could make them improve on their current performance?
Possibly someone who has years of experience who knows how to get the best out of players.. it's what a half decent manager should be able to do. JE has no previous experience at this level and everytime I see him on the sidelines, he just looks like a fish out of water... he looks clueless... most people on the site couldn't do any worse.... 1 point in the last 7 games.. seriously, I'd take Holloway back for the rest of the season... I don't have much confidence in him but it'd be more than I have in JE.

The team are professional football players, they should know how to kick a ball, most of them have been doing it long enough but it doesn't seam like JE knows where to put them to play to their strengths... a seasoned manager would have a better understanding of that.

Don't get me wrong, JE is probably a really nice bloke but he is NOT a 'first team' manager... he may possibly be better suited to the youth team maybe?

Reality is that it's a 1 in 8 chance we go down, assuming that the bottom two are already down. All those up to Plymouth are still right in it. A third of the season still to play. We'll probably need something like 12 points to be entirely sure but 10 may end up being enough.
12/13 should do it. Cannot see QPR winning 6 out of last 14 having seen their fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.