Should Edwards Go?

Should Edwards Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it's fairly clear that we're in a dogfight to avoid the drop. Tomorrow may not be quite do or die for the team but it may be for the manager. Lose tomorrow and he may well have to walk the plank. But what happens if we win tomorrow, especially if QPR lose too? That would put us 7 clear of the drop on 36 points. 45 would see us safe most seasons. That would mean that we'd only need 9 points out of the last 13 games. You would think that should be doable.

Say what you like about JE but, as others have pointed out, he inherited an ageing defense and I think that Rowett saw the writing on the wall(and the abuse that he was getting). Others have also pointed out that we've played well at times under JE. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. But I do think that tomorrow is JE's last stand. After how abject the defeat was on Wednesday, lose tomorrow and it's hard to see how he can pick the team up from there. Apart from anything else, a win for Wednesday puts them just 4 points behind us.

I think that it's fairly clear that we're in a dogfight to avoid the drop. Tomorrow may not be quite do or die for the team but it may be for the manager. Lose tomorrow and he may well have to walk the plank. But what happens if we win tomorrow, especially if QPR lose too? That would put us 7 clear of the drop on 36 points. 45 would see us safe most seasons. That would mean that we'd only need 9 points out of the last 13 games. You would think that should be doable.

Say what you like about JE but, as others have pointed out, he inherited an ageing defense and I think that Rowett saw the writing on the wall(and the abuse that he was getting). Others have also pointed out that we've played well at times under JE. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. But I do think that tomorrow is JE's last stand. After how abject the defeat was on Wednesday, lose tomorrow and it's hard to see how he can pick the team up from there. Apart from anything else, a win for Wednesday puts them just 4 points behind us.
Not sorting our defence out was criminal. Aldo needs to be held to account for that.

I share Irish’s sentiment - win tomorrow and QPR lose, we’re 7pts from relegation for Christ sake. Could look a whole lot rosier come 5pm Saturday.

as others have pointed out, he inherited an ageing defense
He took the job fully aware of our squad. He brought in a defender that is shit and has cost us points. The way Edwards sets us up is leaving the defence exposed but continues to the do same regardless. Danny Mac and Norton Cuffey ain't ageing and Cooper is hardly an OAP. We don't score enough goals. Edwards said we don't score because we don't play how we used to and he can't recreate that. If that's the case he needs to fuck off. If he can't set up a basic team like Rowett could he ain't going to go too far as a coach.

He took the job fully aware of our squad. He brought in a defender that is shit and has cost us points. The way Edwards sets us up is leaving the defence exposed but continues to the do same regardless. Danny Mac and Norton Cuffey ain't ageing and Cooper is hardly an OAP. We don't score enough goals. Edwards said we don't score because we don't play how we used to and he can't recreate that. If that's the case he needs to fuck off. If he can't set up a basic team like Rowett could he ain't going to go too far as a coach.
Yeah, it's hard to disagree with that and I'm not saying he's blameless. But some decent managers have gotten through bad first seasons and gone on to do okay. He might just need time, we always knew he was inexperienced. I do think that time will be up for him around this time tomorrow if we lose though.

What is it you suggest they do? I look forward to reading your solution.
Fuck me, where is any spirit from our support. People talking about relegation as its a forgone conclusion. Yes we have lost a lot of games we could have drawn, if we can get an early goal, as we have shown, in our good starts recently, the confidence will flow back especially if the crowd get behind them.
Time for us and the Team to stand up and be counted!!

Fuck me, where is any spirit from our support. People talking about relegation as its a forgone conclusion.
Me? The spirit has been sucked out of them. Where's the fucking spirit from the players and manager?

Relegation is a real possibility given our current form. What do you want people to write?
Yes we have lost a lot of games we could have drawn, if we can get an early goal, as we have shown, in our good starts recently, the confidence will flow back especially if the crowd get behind them.
okay

Time for us and the Team to stand up and be counted!!
The fans have been turning up but the team hasn't.

What i fear tomorrow is that we get a good start and go in at half time with a two goal advantage, they come out second half and nick a goal then our lot all retract into their shells while the oppo walk round us and go on to win.

Fuck me, where is any spirit from our support.
The spirit that sang your football is shit at Rowett? The spirit that sits in the west upper and slags off Rowett and the players ten minutes into the first game of the season? The spirit that slags off our subs when warming up? Or abuses a player in front of his mother in the car park? That spirit? I take it you were still singing your nut sack off and full of spirit when Ipswich scored their third? If not what kind of supporter are you?

You know fuck all about me to question my spirit. I have stood like a cunt in block 2 and sung on my own. I have stood like a cunt in block 2 and sung my heart out when we've been 2/3 nil down. You do your thing and let the rest do there's If there's a lack of spirit then perhaps you look at the manager and team before you start to dig me or other supporters out.

Probably like yourself i've done nearly 50 year following my team. What i write on a message board doesn't mean i have no spirit or have given up on my team. I'm not fucking daft either and know a bullshitter and fraud when i see one. Edwards is exactly that in my opinion but it doesn't stop me from being a supporter. I'll look out for you tomorrow singing your heart out and full of spirit.

Unless they get there noses in front I can't see Wednesday parking the bus , maybe they will be cautious, no real benefit for them just sitting back . We have to get ahead , draw them out. Imperative we take any chances that come our way.
There lies our problem, not taking our chances. Amazing thing scoring a goal for confidence, even better getting 2 quick. If you have played football you will know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.