Should Edwards Go?

Should Edwards Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worrying part is that we have a team who are not good under pressure (for some reason) the last six games of last season where the play offs should have been a formality and they blew it, the total capitulation in many games where when things don't go their way they fold like a pack of cards, they are weak in both attack and defence, the midfield create little.

Alex Ferguson has been mentioned a few times and In my opinion we need a manager who will throw a few f***s into them, get them in for extra training on days off and drop players out of form, ie make life uncomfortable for them when they don't perform.

It seems like our team are too "comfortable" win lose or draw.
Yes you have make people feel uncomfortable to create change. If not the place they’re in remains cosy and familiar hence no change.

The formations & team selections of late are making it hard to defend him.

We dont have the players at the back to play the way he wants and that was pretty obvious well before JE arrived so i can't understand us sticking with it, even more so since we've signed an out and out winger i Mayor?

Playing Flemming out wide has been my biggest issue with him, He'll go to a Burnley/Norwich/West Brom in the summer play as a 10 and be a top player in this division,

My main case for Edwards is that he's been given a ageing squad that was lacking confidence under GR, And bar Casper the other new signings have been poor, Sarkic/Harding/Longman/Campbell/Bryan/Tanganga especially

Not just the playing staff that need a shake up, the recruitment and coaches have been given an easy ride for too long, Aldo needs to fuck off beyond Flemming and De Norre i can't really say we've made any good signings that have improved us, likewise Barret now with his 3rd Millwall manager and still being lauded as this great coach?

Sorry this turned into a small novel but this is the worst i've seen us in some time and considering we were 45 minutes away from the play offs less then a year ago to where we are now is a travesty...

What's Kennt Jackett up to these days? :surrender:

Might seem a minor point but has anyone ever seen joe edwards smile?
Obviously his (questionable) tactics and (dubious) man management are much more important. but he has never seemed comfortable being here right from the start.
He has a nervous, miserable demeanour on the touchline. And if he’s anything like that around the players it’s no wonder they play with a complete lack of confidence and energy.
He sets the tone, and the message seems to be he regrets taking the job, doesn’t think he can succeed and can’t find a way out soon enough.

Needs replacing pronto. If we wait until we are in the bottom 3 I doubt we will turn it around. We are not going to get out of this mess by playing pretty football. We simply don't have the players for it. Time to end the JE experiment (which is exactly what it is), bring some experience in (if we can?) who will realistically assess what we have to work with and dig in for the rest of the season, keeping it tight at the back and grinding out results.

Might seem a minor point but has anyone ever seen joe edwards smile?
Obviously his (questionable) tactics and (dubious) man management are much more important. but he has never seemed comfortable being here right from the start.
He has a nervous, miserable demeanour on the touchline. And if he’s anything like that around the players it’s no wonder they play with a complete lack of confidence and energy.
He sets the tone, and the message seems to be he regrets taking the job, doesn’t think he can succeed and can’t find a way out soon enough.
An interesting viewpoint 🤔

Needs replacing pronto. If we wait until we are in the bottom 3 I doubt we will turn it around. We are not going to get out of this mess by playing pretty football. We simply don't have the players for it. Time to end the JE experiment (which is exactly what it is), bring some experience in (if we can?) who will realistically assess what we have to work with and dig in for the rest of the season, keeping it tight at the back and grinding out results.
We are not even playing pretty football mate, last night was a shambolic, chaotic car crash performance.

So Edwards goes ,and we bring in .....................

Hardly the ideal time to be changing manager but can we afford to wait and hope that results improve? Who'd be a Chairman?

Whether anyone in their right mind would want the job at this time is also debatable. However, Dean Smith and Steve Cooper are two tried and tested C'ship managers who are currently available. As I said, whether they would want the job is another matter.

Alternatively, Hutch as Player/ Manager until the end of the season. At least we know that players wouldn't need convincing to give 100% for him.

I've always stuck by the manager. I did with Rowett and could not believe the shit he was getting.

But with Edwards? Nope, bin the cunt now before it's to late and beg Rowett to come back...

We all know where the board will turn if people get their way and Edwards goes, Adam Barrett who I think we should have got rid off when Edwards came in, another strange decision by our board to keep him around.

I see we are back to blaming Barratt. We have a so called director of football overseeing ALL major decisions, a manager who picks the side and gives the instructions and an immediate No.2 who presumably also has a large say but no, let’s blame all this on the bloke who does the warm ups and puts the cones out.
I don't blame him, but what the fuck is he still doing here, as 1st team coach surely he has some input!!!!

Been chatting to Ian Dawes this morning and he hit the main problem on the head "we don't have any leaders"!

Saville perhaps; Hutch out; Murray maybe (but vulnerable) and Leonard when fit.

We need an inspirational leader on and off the pitch and, sadly, we haven't got one :cry:
100% They need a Tony Craig type bollocking!!!!

The formations & team selections of late are making it hard to defend him.

We dont have the players at the back to play the way he wants and that was pretty obvious well before JE arrived so i can't understand us sticking with it, even more so since we've signed an out and out winger i Mayor?

Playing Flemming out wide has been my biggest issue with him, He'll go to a Burnley/Norwich/West Brom in the summer play as a 10 and be a top player in this division,

My main case for Edwards is that he's been given a ageing squad that was lacking confidence under GR, And bar Casper the other new signings have been poor, Sarkic/Harding/Longman/Campbell/Bryan/Tanganga especially

Not just the playing staff that need a shake up, the recruitment and coaches have been given an easy ride for too long, Aldo needs to fuck off beyond Flemming and De Norre i can't really say we've made any good signings that have improved us, likewise Barret now with his 3rd Millwall manager and still being lauded as this great coach?

Sorry this turned into a small novel but this is the worst i've seen us in some time and considering we were 45 minutes away from the play offs less then a year ago to where we are now is a travesty...

What's Kennt Jackett up to these days? :surrender:
I've said this a few times but KJ should be our director of football. Knows more about football than Aldo ever will.

Yes, he needs some advise from an old head, we can still save this, but we need to attack and score, simple, well not for our players at present

Status
Not open for further replies.