Lions V Watford Match thread.

Watford- one of the most boring and pointless football clubs in existence. Should be renamed whatfor in my humble opinion. Up there with Reading and Charlton in the tedious stakes.

They've won one of there last five played but are decent away from home. Only two away defeats from ten are at Leicester and Norwich plus they score goals. They've failled to win on there last three visits to the Den, 2015 was the last time they came away form South London with three points. No team news as of yet but whoever is selected will give 100%.

Coyl
Although, to be fair to Watford, they did spawn Kenny Jacket.

A few weeks and it will be the 20th anniversary of the mothers day massacre! Bomber missed a pen that day (as did Cahill), but it really wasn't important! Eio!
One missed and one saved weren't it mate? That was a good season and a shame that we lost 3 of our last 4 games which essentially cost us a play off spot. Cahill was our top scorer that season with 12 goals.

Watford- one of the most boring and pointless football clubs in existence. Should be renamed whatfor in my humble opinion. Up there with Reading and Charlton in the tedious stakes.

They've won one of there last five played but are decent away from home. Only two away defeats from ten are at Leicester and Norwich plus they score goals. They've failled to win on there last three visits to the Den, 2015 was the last time they came away form South London with three points. No team news as of yet but whoever is selected will give 100%.

Coyl
Whatfor 🤣🤣🤣

:grinning: :grinning:

Mate, i didn't go too heavy and nuclear on them cause i think/ half remember you saying that your boy follows them yeah?

Seriously- it's one of the most fucking depressing and miserable away days that i've ever done and wouldn't go back unless it was a season defining game for us. Last time i went was because my boy nagged me into it cause he'd never been and wanted to tick it off on his list. We lost, it pissed down and i very nearly got chored afterwards when i booted some trappy cunt that got all lemon with his pal outside. Watford and Reading, pointless fucking places, like gods waiting room.

You down there tomorrow mate?

:grinning: :grinning:

Mate, i didn't go too heavy and nuclear on them cause i think/ half remember you saying that your boy follows them yeah?

Seriously- it's one of the most fucking depressing and miserable away days that i've ever done and wouldn't go back unless it was a season defining game for us. Last time i went was because my boy nagged me into it cause he'd never been and wanted to tick it off on his list. We lost, it pissed down and i very nearly got chored afterwards when i booted some trappy cunt that got all lemon with his pal outside. Watford and Reading, pointless fucking places, like gods waiting room.

You down there tomorrow mate?
Haha nah that’s cool mate. I pretty much think the same about them. 🤣 And yeah one of them does. Long story short he basically lived 200 yards from their ground as a kid growing up and was born in the hospital next to it. I made him a junior lion at 3 weeks old but me and his mum weren’t always sweet so I’d sadly go a while at a time without seeing him just as she was getting given free tickets through the school to take him to Watford. Think his mum pushed it as well just to be spiteful cos she knew how much Millwall meant to me and my family, but hey ho. He ended up with a season ticket there and would barely miss a home game all season for years.

He's 26 now and got a massive soft spot for us and does see us as his ‘second club’, although I wouldn’t usually allow such a thing, second clubs and all that, I’ll give him a pass with this 😁. He’s taken on the hatred for our rivals as well and probably hates palace and west ham as much as he does Luton. Especially palace who he can’t stand.

The funny thing is, he left Watford years ago now, lived in Brighton for a while (no he ain’t an iron 🤣) but moved to Brockley earlier this year. Said he always felt south London was his calling. Loves the vibe of the place and can understand now when I used to try and explain to him how it was a ‘bit different ‘ to the rest of London. He’s out and about on the manor all the time. I tell him it’s in his blood.

I was supposed to be meeting him tomorrow (he always just comes in the home end with me when we play at the Den) but I’ve been struck down with flu all week (and the proper one as well, not the head cold that everyone calls the flu) and the cough that came with it has developed in to a chest infection so I’m out the game unfortunately mate.

I think he still might be going. He actually said he wants Millwall to win this one because Watford aren’t playing for anything this season now and we’re more desperate for the points. That’s how he feels about the two clubs. Watford are his main club but Millwall are a close second and always wants us to do well. I know most of us couldn’t comprehend having a second club but you can sort of see how this one has developed for him.

Last edited:
Haha nah that’s cool mate. I pretty much think the same about them. 🤣 And yeah one of them does. Long story short he basically lived 200 yards from their ground as a kid growing up and was born in the hospital next to it. I made him a junior lion at 3 weeks old but me and his mum weren’t always sweet so I’d sadly go a while at a time without seeing him just as she was getting given free tickets through the school to take him to Watford. Think his mum pushed it as well just to be spiteful cos she knew how much Millwall meant to me and my family, but hey ho. He ended up with a season ticket there and would barely miss a home game all season for years.

He's 26 now and got a massive soft spot for us and does see us as his ‘second club’, although I wouldn’t usually allow such a thing, second clubs and all that, I’ll give him a pass with this 😁. He’s taken on the hatred for our rivals as well and probably hates palace and west ham as much as he does Luton. Especially palace who he can’t stand.

The funny thing is, he left Watford years ago now, lived in Brighton for a while (no he ain’t an iron 🤣) but moved to Brockley earlier this year. Said he always felt south London was his calling. Loves the vibe of the place and can understand now when I used to try and explain to him how it was a ‘bit different ‘ to the rest of London. He’s out and about on the manor all the time. I tell him it’s in his blood.

I was supposed to be meeting him tomorrow (he always just comes in the home end with me when we play at the Den) but I’ve been struck down with flu all week (and the proper one as well, not the head cold that everyone calls the flu) and the cough that came with it has developed in to a chest infection so I’m out the game unfortunately mate.

I think he still might be going. He actually said he wants Millwall to win this one because Watford aren’t playing for anything this season now and we’re more desperate for the points. That’s how he feels about the two clubs. Watford are his main club but Millwall are a close second and always wants us to do well. I know most of us couldn’t comprehend having a second club but you can sort of see how this one has developed for him.
Have a butchers at this mate 😉

I am well pleased to see that playing out from the back stop. Like watching a game of chess. Got a worry about the ref for todays match. He does like a card and seems to bring linesmen with 'one way flags' every time he is at the Den.

Last edited:
I'm sure the players are in the right place now after the last win. Was a great win and Harris got his tactics spot on. From what I have been reading and hearing Harris will mix it up when needed rather than just sticking with something that doesn't work, a refreshing take from what has been.
Welcome back to The Den Harris.
COYL. 🦁

I had to burn my luck pants after the Sheffield game. I contacted the club and they told me I cant bring my lucky shotgun to this match. NTWIK

Here's hoping we give this bunch of oxygen thieves a damp good thrashing tomorrow. They should play in hearing aid beige they are so fucking bland.
Let's shove it right up 'em.
COYL

Hearing aid beige……… that’s got to be one of the best descriptives I’ve ever heard ….. fu££ing priceless 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 👂 👂 👂
Hearing aid beige……… that’s got to be one of the best descriptives I’ve ever heard ….. fu££ing priceless 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 👂 👂 👂
Pardon?

I've got that horrible excited/nervous feeling about today which makes me feel schizophrenic and uneasy at the same time.