THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Do we really need to make any signings this window? We’re not going up this year, we’re not going down either. This season is all about transition and Edwards stamping his mark on the whole club. The January window is a notoriously bad one for the buyer. Will be even worse with the African nations cup on. (I know we won’t sign those sort of players but it all has a knock on effect).

I think we should wait until the summer for any transfer dealings. When Edward’s really knows what he needs and wants and we can get some decent signings in at a sensible price.

Do we really need to make any signings this window? We’re not going up this year, we’re not going down either. This season is all about transition and Edwards stamping his mark on the whole club. The January window is a notoriously bad one for the buyer. Will be even worse with the African nations cup on. (I know we won’t sign those sort of players but it all has a knock on effect).

I think we should wait until the summer for any transfer dealings. When Edward’s really knows what he needs and wants and we can get some decent signings in at a sensible price.
I agree if we have a fully fit squad but with the possibility of a couple of long term injuries we might need to get someone in as we can't progress if the starting line up weakens too much.
A Centre back could improve the team, if we can get one who is comfortable on the ball and can push into midfield then that might give Edwards the chance to impart the next stage of what he wants to see.
The other option is getting a loan in if he is someone we want to sign on a permanent in the summer.

Agree with this, a sensible well thought out approach with a view to the long term but let’s be honest there are people out there who genuinely think that we have unlimited resources and are going to sign Cresswell and Kiefer Moore this month.

I just hope that when we reach the safety point, Joe will give a run of games to the likes of Abdulmalik, Adom-Malaki, Grant and Lawson (of which the last 3 have made the bench recently and today!)

This will be important if the FFP rules mean that JB can’t give Joe a summer transfer budget to buy in or loan in new players for next season! If Joe can unearth a few rough diamonds off the bench once we’re safe this season, we could end up with a fully functional, in depth and ready to go squad going into the next pre season!

I just hope that when we reach the safety point, Joe will give a run of games to the likes of Abdulmalik, Adom-Malaki, Grant and Lawson (of which the last 3 have made the bench recently and today!)

This will be important if the FFP rules mean that JB can’t give Joe a summer transfer budget to buy in or loan in new players for next season! If Joe can unearth a few rough diamonds off the bench once we’re safe this season, we could end up with a fully functional, in depth and ready to go squad going into the next pre season!
Having youngsters that are capable of playing in the Championship is important if we are to progress but giving them a run out isn't the way to go, the training ground is where they will learn and where Edwards will see if they are good enough or not.
Loan deals is more likely for them but not easy to find a club that will pay enough and find them good enough to start.
It is a real shame that all these youngsters were at the same stage of their career when Harris took over, they would of got first team football if we were playing the likes of the anoraks and Fleetwood.

Having youngsters that are capable of playing in the Championship is important if we are to progress but giving them a run out isn't the way to go, the training ground is where they will learn and where Edwards will see if they are good enough or not.
Loan deals is more likely for them but not easy to find a club that will pay enough and find them good enough to start.
It is a real shame that all these youngsters were at the same stage of their career when Harris took over, they would of got first team football if we were playing the likes of the anoraks and Fleetwood.
Initially, yes, but how is a manager (or the supporters) ever going to find out if said youngster(s) are ever going to cut it in a competitive game if they’re not given actual experience? Joe has put these youngsters on the bench, so he must be happy in his mind that they are good enough to be called upon, if necessary, otherwise why are they there?

A training session is never going to be anywhere near as intense as it would be during a competitive match, with real tackles flying in and 11 opposition players doing what they can to stop and frustrate you from playing well. Not to mention the added frustration of having to deal with shit refs and linos who make the wrong decisions which impact on the player, and which they would never experience during a training ground session!

Its pointless to me to have say, Bryan getting injured at left back (with Wallace already out injured), and a player who isn’t a left back is brought on, or forced to change position on the pitch to go in at left back, when someone like Adom-Malaki is on the bench for that specific position and purpose!

I get managers sometimes want to play it safe and believe putting an already experienced player in a different position is better than using a raw recruit, but how is that raw recruit going to get any experience and used properly in future games if he’s not playing competitively? This chicken and egg scenario has to stop and some trust has to be given. Only then will everyone know what sort of player they have and whether he’s going to succeed or not!

Take it with a pinch of salt but lots of chat saying us and Blackburn are bidding fo Cresswell and that Chelsea will let Gilchrist come to us on loan as they want him to get first team experience and he has a good relationship with JE.

De Norre, Wallace, Bart, Esse, Campbell and BNC on the bench, hardly bare bones.
We ain't giving 2 or 3 youngsters their debut because everyone else is injured, we have a huge squad that we can't afford without the Berylson's.
We dont have a huge squad, maybe the smallest in the division.

Take it with a pinch of salt but lots of chat saying us and Blackburn are bidding fo Cresswell and that Chelsea will let Gilchrist come to us on loan as they want him to get first team experience and he has a good relationship with JE.
You should know better, unless it comes from the man in the car park, there is no point putting anything on here.