Millwall poppy badge

Lion1964

My daughter bless her ordered me and her a millwall poppy badge each last week from the British legion and they arrived on Friday.
Perfect for Saturdays game you might think.
But when she opened the package there was one millwall badge which she gave to me , but to her disappointment the other one was a Birmingham one. She was gutted.
She emailed the legion immediately and they couldn’t apologise enough and promised to send her a replacement straight away.
Tonight the replacement one arrived, when she opened it , it was a fuckin VERMIN one , the horror on her poor little face and mine was a picture according to my missus.
Surely someone there end is on a wind up .
What’s the odds on another replacement being a nigels, spotters or leeds.🤣🤣🤣

Aww poor child, mines due tomorrow, looking forward to it as I’ve had five paper crap poppy’s already, two got soaked other ones fell off ,my car one turned up today and got a poppy scarf at the Den today for my dashboard , hope her poppy gets here soon.

Aww poor child, mines due tomorrow, looking forward to it as I’ve had five paper crap poppy’s already, two got soaked other ones fell off ,my car one turned up today and got a poppy scarf at the Den today for my dashboard , hope her poppy gets here soon.
I don’t know if you know that the, as you put it, the crap paper poppies, are put together by blind and injured ex servicemen. Think about that before you slag the poppies off, please.

Last edited:
I don’t know if you know that the, as you put it, the crap paper poppies, are put together by blind and injured ex servicemen. Think about that before you slag them off, please.
I’m not slagging the workers I’m pissed that they ain’t as good as the plastic ones (cost me small fortune those five ) funnily enough I found a old plastic one not long ago on my cabinet so I’m happy now .

Don’t think he meant crap as in workmanship Saxon, more the crap paper construction .
Paper not ideal in the current crap weather we’ve had lately .
Same weather every year at this time of year. Since what if it gets wet, pay for another to support and remember our brave troops.

Same weather every year at this time of year. Since what if it gets wet, pay for another to support and remember our brave troops.
Buy em every year mate regardless since I can remember and I think if you read the post that is exactly what mark is saying , he has bought several.

Last edited:
I remember my nan and grandad used to sell/distribute poppy's you couldn't move in their house this time of year with the amount of boxes full of poppy's. I was thinking the other day if they still sell the same amount of poppy's today as they did in the 70s/80s

My daughter bless her ordered me and her a millwall poppy badge each last week from the British legion and they arrived on Friday.
But when she opened the package there was one millwall badge which she gave to me , but to her disappointment the other one was a Birmingham one. She was gutted.
She emailed the legion immediately and they couldn’t apologise enough and promised to send her a replacement straight away.
Tonight the replacement one arrived, when she opened it , it was a fuckin VERMIN one , the horror on her poor little face and mine was a picture according to my missus.
Luckily both mine were millwall, that's all I need another thing for a teenage girl to throw a tantrum over

I remember my nan and grandad used to sell/distribute poppy's you couldn't move in their house this time of year with the amount of boxes full of poppy's. I was thinking the other day if they still sell the same amount of poppy's today as they did in the 70s/80s
I sold poppies for 15 years and I was collecting more and more money every year, so I would say there is not so many poppies, but people are giving more.

But the poppies are less durable from what I believe. The problem ain't about spending money It's about the poppy not holding up to the job of sitting proudly on the chest. They were never the most robust things In the first place and were often prone to dropping off but If they ain't holding their own anymore then they sort of defeat the purpose of what they are there for.

I can't understand why a posters Is getting called out and made to look like he has an Issue with the RBL and our servicemen just for saying the new environmental poppies are not up to the standards of the old one. He ain't said he's turning out for the pro Palestinian march at the weekend for fuck sakes.

But the poppies are less durable from what I believe. The problem ain't about spending money It's about the poppy not holding up to the job of sitting proudly on the chest. They were never the most robust things In the first place and were often prone to dropping off but If they ain't holding their own anymore then they sort of defeat the purpose of what they are there for.

I can't understand why a posters Is getting called out and made to look like he has an Issue with the RBL and our servicemen just for saying the new environmental poppies are not up to the standards of the old one. He ain't said he's turning out for the pro Palestinian march at the weekend for fuck sakes.
Thanks for the support Stompie , he just misread my post, my Millwall one turned up today so no more paper poppys for me , I will still put money in every chance I get , I wonder how much they will lose out this year with most not carrying cash these days.

Call the RSPCC :mad:

Thanks for the support Stompie , he just misread my post, my Millwall one turned up today so no more paper poppys for me , I will still put money in every chance I get , I wonder how much they will lose out this year with most not carrying cash these days.
I don't bother with the paper ones any more, I buy a job lot of Millwall and normal badges and put them on me coats and such and leave them there for the year.

They ain't loosing out mate don't worry. At London Bridge last week they were all out In force, the Navy I think It was, done up to the nines and more medals than Uncle Albert on their chests. They all had card machines as well as the buckets and you get the option of clicking on the donation you want. £1, £5, £10 and so on. I reckon they make a bit more money as they can see what your clicking on and people can't cheap out. I was waiting for my badges to come and didn't like not wearing one so went over and gave another fiver on the card (which I don't begrudge In the slightest) because anything else just felt like I was taking the piss. Especially as they were all, I presume, current service men and a few women looking as smart as they were.

Last edited: