Boro v Wall- Match thread

953 away tickets sold for tomorrow. Not bad for a very long trek, transport issues and people still away on holiday. Second highest turnout we've taken to there new home. Just under 1,100 made the trip in 2018. This will be our twelth visit to the riverside. Three wins, four draws, four defeats. Last win up there was in 2014 so we're due one.

953 away tickets sold for tomorrow. Not bad for a very long trek, transport issues and people still away on holiday. Second highest turnout we've taken to there new home. Just under 1,100 made the trip in 2018. This will be our twelth visit to the riverside. Three wins, four draws, four defeats. Last win up there was in 2014 so we're due one.
Has anyone told you that you’re becoming a bit of a Statwanker ?🤪
If not, I think I just did.😂

Has anyone told you that you’re becoming a bit of a Statwanker ?🤪
If not, I think I just did.😂
Figures and stats is my inner geeky side, paul. From a young age i used to check attendance figures for games and remember them. I was shit at school and had no interest other than maths and i have a memory like an elephant for small detail.

Figures and street names, as a kid i would automaticaly remember the names of streets to the extent that i could have passed the knowledge when i was 16. I ended up owning a running a cab firm in my twenties on the strength of that. My son is the same, stores info, he's now a very well paid accountant with a major bank. He's also like his dad a very good dj, i taught him on my decks when he was 12. Aged 18 he was playing to rooms of 200 people.

I do like going back through Millwalls seasons and results because it's a source of very good and occasionally bad memories. I'm a fucker for nostalgia. Millwall has been such an important and prominent part of my life and i never tire thinking about them or the people i've met through being a Lion.

I think we all have a geeky side.

Can’t wait. Me, the old man and my boy going up in the morning. The boys never been Boro and he’s dying to get to away games. He’s 12.. I remember when I was 12 and sneaking to Pompey away. Told the olds I was with my mates all day. Not that I’m gonna let my boy go away in his own, but he loves it so much he’d be fine with ours.

Best small club in the world.

Figures and stats is my inner geeky side, paul. From a young age i used to check attendance figures for games and remember them. I was shit at school and had no interest other than maths and i have a memory like an elephant for small detail.

Figures and street names, as a kid i would automaticaly remember the names of streets to the extent that i could have passed the knowledge when i was 16. I ended up owning a running a cab firm in my twenties on the strength of that. My son is the same, stores info, he's now a very well paid accountant with a major bank. He's also like his dad a very good dj, i taught him on my decks when he was 12. Aged 18 he was playing to rooms of 200 people.

I do like going back through Millwalls seasons and results because it's a source of very good and occasionally bad memories. I'm a fucker for nostalgia. Millwall has been such an important and prominent part of my life and i never tire thinking about them or the people i've met through being a Lion.

I think we all have a geeky side.
And very fine statwankery it is too! :grinning:
We all have our little foibles, it's true.

Heavy rain in Middlesbrough so pitch will be a levelling factor. I think we’ll adapt better with our non-fancy playing style.
4-0 to the mighty Lions!

I dont think he will start.

i usually put my bets on early because I can normally guess the line up or have a reasonable idea

for the first time ever I have no idea who will be playing as we appear to have nearly two sides of players of quality

has to be one of the best squads we have ever had

really looking forward to the season as this one could be quite special

will it be 1987/88 special? Let’s fucking hope so

COYL

I ended up owning a running a cab firm in my twenties on the strength of that.
Peckham,out of interest which firm?
I used to card all the local estates and nearly caused a fuckin war when I was a kid.
My uncle owned Baron cars, Sumner Road and one summer holiday he sent me out to card up.
Off I went on my bike, Tustin ,the bonamy , Silwood etc.
He used to pay me good coin per thousand but warned me if he got to hear of me dumping them in the bin.
After a few weeks I’d covered the area upto the Cricketers Lower Road, keen to earn even more dosh I loaded my adidas bag and carried on Pepys Estate, Trinity Estate even Milton Court.
Apparently I did well cabs were busy and I even got a bonus.
Summer holidays over I went back to school quite well off and quite pleased with myself .
But as you know bitd cabfirms had their own turf and I had crossed about as many lines as possible from Camberwell to Deptford.
My uncle had all the guvnors of the local firms I had encroached on the blower asking what the fuck he was doing. Since he was of the breed that didn’t give a fuck he just told them to fuck off.
After many years later my old man told me I was probably responsible for quite a bit unrest in that part of South London at the time 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣.

The innocence of youth , sorry back to the Boro game. I am confidently predicting us to get a point at the Riverside and Rab to score.
Interested to see if the new keeper starts.

Members online