Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

MuttleyCAFC
8:54AM edited 8:58AM
I have one message to Thomas Sandgaard. If you fail or succeed, you will still be a bloody hero in my eyes. A rare oasis in a desert of crooks and mad men! If you succeed, we can get this club to the top. If you fail, we have to dwell on what might have been. Maybe it is our lot not to have a great owner like you will be. We should all send him this message.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣

The penny is finally staring to drop!!

ShootersHillGuruShootersHillGuru
3:41PM
Administration could well be the end of CAFC. Airman often reminds us that there would always be willing buyers in that situation but would there really be much of a queue ? The cost of the football club itself is already negligible and whoever wanted to buy it would find themselves in exactly the position TS finds himself in now, having to deal with Duchatelet. Often said as a joke but I really do think the next two weeks could be critical.

:wave:

------------------------------------------------

Stop hassling ' your excellency '
No hassle him
Stop
no start again

cfgscfgs
3:46PM
Right so all the ITK bods posting updates on here about TS's responses or whereabouts, have always been viewed by me in a slightly sceptical manner (although I have never condemned them for sharing). Recently I was definitely in the leave him alone and stop bothering him camp, but today without the usual positive messages I am feeling slightly bereft.

--------------------------------------------------

Lets hope this div is correct

soapy_jonessoapy_jones
4:06PM
Roland will fuck this up!

------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• 1600968173278.png
    1600968173278.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
Cheers @Grapevine49

We’re fecked then.

😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

--------------------------------------------

Gravesend_AddickGravesend_Addick
4:48PM
It's not gonna happen is it

I hate that, senile, yellow toothed belgian c***/Person

----------------------------------------------

Covered EndCovered End
4:55PM edited 5:03PM
A Grapevine summary -
RD wants the £50M back the balance sheet tells him he is due.
End of.

(Nothing to do with being vindictive).

Mind you, everyone including TS knew this.

---------------------------------------------------------

Is someone shit stirring over there with the "guys" :clap::rofl::rofl::rofl::rolleyes:

They will call them a ‘twat’ soon no doubt... I admit, their lower middle-class office lingo really gets my juices going.

Why oh why can’t Roland take a ‘haircut’... it’s just ‘so not a good look for sleeping giant Charlton to be a laughing stock like this guys’.

From no life, "horseworrier" :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"You lot are the architects of your own downfall, you had an owner that paid the bills and kept the club ticking over, he oversaw promotion back to the Championship but you hounded him ruining his birthday
:smiley:
messing with his reputation
and being very unkind to him
:D
I suppose his idea of Karma would be seeing you play your home matches at the Den!
"

ruined his birthday :rofl:

the main difference between the 'spotters and us is that we have a sense of ridiculous and don't take anything too seriously.

From no life, "horseworrier" :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"You lot are the architects of your own downfall, you had an owner that paid the bills and kept the club ticking over, he oversaw promotion back to the Championship but you hounded him ruining his birthday
messing with his reputation
and being very unkind to him
I suppose his idea of Karma would be seeing you play your home matches at the Den!
"

ruined his birthday :rofl:

the main difference between the 'spotters and us is that we have a sense of ridiculous and don't take anything too seriously.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

They are fucking bizarre creatures over there aren't they? What's so incredible is that these type of people live and co-exist within the living enclaves of us (me and you) be it SE London or West Kent. Just plain weird to me.

Look at this extract from their site - what kind of individual spends a lot of time logging every posters post to come up with some benchmark as to who is in the know between say 100 posters on there? Who?

1601013495934.png

F8311C29-A33B-45C5-B906-F849C005D2E1.jpeg

🤔 Charlton fans are famous quitters. Their gates go off a cliff whenever they aren’t playing Arsenal in league games! It’s why they are the club that invented ‘Football For a Fiver’, ‘Kids for a Quid’, giving away thousands of tickets to local schools and subsidised coach travel!!

View attachment 8524

🤔 Charlton fans are famous quitters. Their gates go off a cliff whenever they aren’t playing Arsenal in league games! It’s why they are the club that invented ‘Football For a Fiver’, ‘Kids for a Quid’, giving away thousands of tickets to local schools and subsidised coach travel!!

They've even quit their 'beloved' valley twice.

Last edited:
They are fucking bizarre creatures over there aren't they? What's so incredible is that these type of people live and co-exist within the living enclaves of us (me and you) be it SE London or West Kent. Just plain weird to me.

My theory...

Millwall have never been successful, so most of our fan base is in some way connected to the old dockland communities that surrounded the club. Many of our fans went into the building trades, railways or cabbing industries when the docks closed. Many Wall fans are the people that keep London going. So, our support is much more working class, whatever that means now.

Whereas, Charlton Athletic have always been a club that has attracted fans from the SE London / West Kent borders, places like Sidcup, Welling, Sevenoaks etc. I would wager, especially from reading the type of language on there, that a significant number of Charlton fans are lower middle-class office bods. Much more so than Millwall’s support.

I am not saying that we have an exclusively authentic working class club and they are a bunch of squash playing, wine drinking office workers called Chris... But, I think there is a tangible difference between the two clubs‘ fan culture. In fact, think of the threads on here, how many posters are scaffolders, roofers, builders etc. Compare that to Charlton Life, where so many of them say ‘when I worked in corporate finance’ or ‘I have worked with some very big clients in this field’ bla bla.

Yeah, nowadays a lot of Wall fans will live along side Charlton and Palace fans in areas like Bexleyheath, but I’d bet it’s the Millwall fans that are mostly the plumbers, electricians, scaffolders, cabbies and railway workers... where as the Charlton and Palace fans have been there generations and only go near a train track to hop on a train to go to their office job (or jot down some numbers).

I probably agree with that. However, you could categorise me in 'their bracket, but for the life of me i still haven't come around BODS in my life who have their general outlook on life. Indeed i honestly dont know anyone personally who supports them, plenty of lower middle class vermin though but not them. Its as though they crawl out of rocks, or perhaps the latest train time table.

I think when northerners think of stereotypical southern clubs with stereotypical southern fan bases... then you are looking at Charlton, Reading, Watford, Southampton, Brighton and Crystal Palace.

All this ‘south London and proud’ nonsense with Palace and even Charlton doesn’t really ring true. Both are much more similar to the likes of Watford and Reading than they are to us. Imo

Look at this extract from their site - what kind of individual spends a lot of time logging every posters post to come up with some benchmark as to who is in the know between say 100 posters on there? Who?

View attachment 8523

WTF!!!

I hope no one does that with me on here!