Who's doing the just back?

Great atmosphere; Longman on fire early on; Leonard MOTM (again) absolutely brilliant recovery tackle to deny Whittaker of a 1v1 against Sarkic; Saville turned in another intelligent Captain's performance (although he's not our Captain!); Tom lively until he ran out of steam; De Norre displayed the class several have been saying he had; Cooper eventually headed home from a cross :slap:; Esse displayed a few classy touches that bode well for next season; Danny played his heart out but isn't a LB (RB (y) LB (n)).

Hutch came on with minutes left, probably his last home apprearance for us. Great servant and I thank and wish him well in the future :clap: :clap:

Stewards allowed "fans" (I use that term loosely) onto the pitch by opening the gates (clearly under instructions); a couple of idiots decided to fight each other on the pitch and later in the corner (brainless) :shake:; pitch cleared for presentations with Lenny the clear winner of the Junior Lions and Supporters POTS, Saville 2nd and Honeyman 3rd: Bart spoke emotionally about leaving and was given a rousting reception before the entire team (out-numbered by family and hangers on, BTW: isn't Flemming's partner short!) paraded around the pitch; off to the club shop for a football and shorts for my 2 grandsons; got a "where are you?" call from the Missus circa 18:00 :grinning:; home eating fish and chips 19:20 watching the England Women Rugby team smash the French.

Great day all round and I'll be back for more next season (y)

Last edited:
From their forum;

"Two poor sides, thought we were a little unlucky not to ride it out assuming we were playing for a nil nil."

Two poor sides. Makes me laugh. So poor we have won 4 games on the spin & beat Leicester & Southampton. I like the way we play thanks.
The sort of thing we read on here when we lose to teams like Rotherham and Huddersfield ;)

From their forum;

"Two poor sides, thought we were a little unlucky not to ride it out assuming we were playing for a nil nil."

Two poor sides. Makes me laugh. So poor we have won 4 games on the spin & beat Leicester & Southampton. I like the way we play thanks.
I think we will get that a lot next season, we don't dominate games and create a lot of chances.
We also say that about oppositions that havn't been that much better than us, whereas what has normally happened is, like we did yesterday, do the hard work, get the ball back and take a bit of control. That doesn't look exciting or feel threatening to the opponent but it made us the better team yesterday.
I thought we were good yesterday, very good considering we had nothing to play for but it wasn't that exciting, that the way we can survive and get points in the Championship.

The most surprising thing was when it was 0-0 with 15/20 to go that they didn't go for it. At that point a 1-0 win for them would have put them safe. They played for the draw but come unstuck and are now shitting themselves about next week. If they go down it's because they didn't actually try to win this game no-one to blame but themselves. They lost anyway so may as well have at least tried to win it.