Westkingsdown training ground

Not been mentioned for a while .Does anyone know if it has been started yet or is it not going to happen now as the cost must keep going up and we are probably struggling to fund it.

Don't know. Good question to be fair. Still personally think it needs to be in the city. Funny place to get to. The calming environment would be hard for the local SE London kids to get used to if we explore ramping up local talent which I think would be important.

Considering the possibility of £9m loss if we’re relegated and trying to get back the Huski money, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s on a big hold.

I believe this plan was put on hold a few months ago. Something to do with the original cost estimates being way off. Building costs as a whole have gone up since the plans were originally drawn up (no shit). Classic Millwall.

We’ll be stuck leasing that shithole Calmont Road for the foreseeable. I’m convinced that boggy pitch is to blame for the bulk of our injuries. Players never seem to get subbed off in games with knocks, always during the week in training!

Considering the possibility of £9m loss if we’re relegated and trying to get back the Huski money, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s on a big hold.
& paying off JE’s contract :shrug:

And I'm imagining this will be why Harris is here as a stop gap manager and we didn't go all out on someone else for the time being.

Inflation has been mentioned regarding the training ground. Rising costs has definitely sent us backwards with this. No idea on what is happening with Huski, and I imagine neither do the board as of now, so we're probably going to get another sponsor and see what happens from there to move forwards.

We’ll be stuck leasing that shithole Calmont Road for the foreseeable. I’m convinced that boggy pitch is to blame for the bulk of our injuries. Players never seem to get subbed off in games with knocks, always during the week in training!
I thought the lease was up at Calmont Road this year. The owners want a long lease for their security.
The alternative may, however much I hate to mention it, share the training ground at Copers Cope Road. Those nigels have two, 1 for 1st team and squad and the other for their youth academy.

We could have developed Deptford Park in partnership with the council. As all councils are strapped for cash they would welcome the idea. Or even Southwark Park!

We could have developed Deptford Park in partnership with the council. As all councils are strapped for cash they would welcome the idea. Or even Southwark Park!
The new place is set on 50 acres and part of the reason for choosing it is the easy access from M20, avoiding London traffic.

Members online

No members online now.