U21s vs Burnley today

I think he will and much deserved. He done brilliantly in preseason considering that the club at the time were looking to loan him out and since the season started has been one of the few bright spots. Great attitude and wants to run at people, just what we are crying out for.
With the pace he brings he could be the new Jon Goodman, strikers who played up front with Goodman tended to do well.

That is the U18's and now the U21's both beaten Burnley within a couple of days.
The club must be doing something right.
Either that or Burnley don't bother much with their junior teams as they have Prem cash to restock their first team.

Emakhu and Evans deserve a start and, based on the Development Squad Final last season, Abdulmalik a loan.

Last edited:
If we're going to play three at the back we have to have at least one of them who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can play a pass on the ground.

The current three nearly always appear to receive the ball on their wrong foot no matter which side it's played to them.

It's time for GR to tell George Evans he's the new Franz Beckenbauer. All he'll have to do is go out and play like he is, got to be worth a try.

If we're going to play three at the back we have to have at least one of them who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can play a pass on the ground.

The current three nearly always appear to receive the ball on their wrong foot no matter which side it's played to them.

It's time for GR to tell George Evans he's the new Franz Beckenbauer. All he'll have to do is go out and play like he is, got to be worth a try.
Okoli is comfortable on the ball, reads the game well, good in the air and a natural leader but not ready yet.

Hopefully, he’ll develop quickly at Bromley and soon challenge for a first team place 🙏

I think he will and much deserved. He done brilliantly in preseason considering that the club at the time were looking to loan him out and since the season started has been one of the few bright spots. Great attitude and wants to run at people, just what we are crying out for.
Scored again

I think Evans is absolute pony personally. We ain’t going to change out fortunes with him back in the frame I can tell you that for nothing.

With the pace he brings he could be the new Jon Goodman, strikers who played up front with Goodman tended to do well.
That's a very good call (or at least start with Bradshaw and Nesbit) and bring the youngster on against a tiring defence.

I always thought Goodman was underrated. He did everyone else's running and no defender likes playing against that sort of pace.

Staff online