The premier league

Luton have had an appalling season, 26 points is dreadful.

As for profit, we won’t know until they produce accounts but bonuses, agents, wage rises and players signed would take up quite a bit.

Now with parachute payments, they have to go back up within 2 seasons or it won’t have been worth it and they will be carrying a much higher wage bill.

I only want us to go up when we have a team that can compete in it, that probably means having 5 or 6 Premiership standard players already in the squad in the promotion season.

I am a 'real' Millwall fan and have been since the early 60's. If we were to go up,
I would be quite happy. Unless we were playing with a square football it would still be real football to me. Just my opinion, or course.
:grinning:
What I mean by 'real' fans is that in the Premiership, it's been mentioned that it's like attending a library at 3:00pm... not much atmosphere.

As for profit, we won’t know until they produce accounts but bonuses, agents, wage rises and players signed would take up quite a bit.

Now with parachute payments, they have to go back up within 2 seasons or it won’t have been worth it and they will be carrying a much higher wage bill.

It is estimated that going on will generate an estimated additional £178m in revenue for Luton. They have spent a net +/-£30m in transfers this season. Obviously that leaves +/-£148m. I'd be surprised that after bonuses, agents fees, increased wages, ground improvements, etc they are still not up, at least, £75m. They won't need to go back up within 3 years to have made this season worthwhile financially.

History shows that it doesn't normally work like that for most clubs relegated from the Prem.
They seem to throw more and more money at trying to regain Prem status until the parachute payments run out. Then they are stuck with a massive wage bill they cannot sustain and start to go into a massive spiral downwards.
Not all clubs, but many have gone that way.
Indeed. All the set up for life and take the money and run quotes are not exactly true. As for taking the piss etc i also think that's way off the reality. Bans galore and bubble matches is probably nearer the truth.

It is estimated that going on will generate an estimated additional £178m in revenue for Luton. They have spent a net +/-£30m in transfers this season. Obviously that leaves +/-£148m. I'd be surprised that after bonuses, agents fees, increased wages, ground improvements, etc they are still not up, at least, £75m. They won't need to go back up within 3 years to have made this season worthwhile financially.
If that is true they should be ashamed of themselves for not taking this season seriously and not spending most of that profit on players who could of given them a chance of staying up.
Might as well of sold everyone , played the u 18's and made even more money.
We will see next year how much they actually made and how much better it has made them.