The end foe Esse

Phlion54

Just bought an 18 year old winger in so is this the end of Esse and could be be going to Burnley ?

Is the 18 year ready for championship football? I very much doubt Esse or Emakhu are for sale. The squad needs rebuilding and not dismantling.
I don't think he is (yet) but he's a great prospect. Esses needs to bulk up a bit, learn the defensive side of things on loan. I can't make my mind up about Emu, but again, another very good prospect.

The last time we had this quality of young player coming through was the Cahill/Reid era. Which is over 20 years ago!

The squad needs rebuilding and not dismantling.

It certainly looks that way, and about time if we are to move forward.
We had some excellent times under GR regardless of what people think of his style. But Edwards will need to bring in players to match his style. Unfortunately some of the old guard (and the supporters favourites) may well be on their way during the summer (just guessing, of course).

Cranham lion cash in on Flemming !! What you gonna get Green shield milk bottle tops he ain’t worth a carrot, missed out one season wonder

It certainly looks that way, and about time if we are to move forward.
We had some excellent times under GR regardless of what people think of his style. But Edwards will need to bring in players to match his style. Unfortunately some of the old guard (and the supporters favourites) may well be on their way during the summer (just guessing, of course).
Those out of contract will free up a decent amount on the wage bill, just depends if we can bring in capable replacements that we can afford.
It will be a shame to see them go, if they do, but the club needs to move on now that we have appointed Edwards.

Last edited:
Make no mistake the threat of relegation is far from over. Once it is, no doubt Esse will be given a run of games as Joe tries to shape the team for next season. Until then, at the moment can he be relied on for 90 minutes in gritty, scrappy physical games? I’m not so sure. Edwards and Rowett know more than us. Comparatively we could write what we know about player development and managing a football team on the back of a fag packet…

Committed
“Adam is suspended for Saturday's Sky Bet Championship trip to Hull City due to an accumulation of yellow cards, but he will be available for selection from the fixture at Coventry City on Sunday 11th February onwards”

With that attitude he’ll fit in nicely then, bound to be a fans favourite ;)