The championship chit chat thread

Sadly they will get good money for him.
Shackleton played last night whilst Cresswell was on the bench despite them losing their starting CB last week.
This thing with Cresswell is a strange one!

First of all Leeds want to keep him, then he’s for sale at the right price (£6M), now he’s on the bench when last week he could have been filling in for their starting CB! The poor bloke probably feels he’s been kicked hard in the bollocks and must wonder what he’s done wrong?

I know on another thread Peckham said to let Cresswell go, as we are not going to get him, but I just wonder if a PL or Championship club came in with a decent bid for him, whether Leeds might jump at the chance of taking it and letting Cresswell go?

We all thought that Ballard would go back to Arsenal and kick on with them. Next thing we know he’s signed for Sunderland for an amount we could have easily matched! I’m not saying we could afford to pay Leeds £6M, but if the bloke is on the bench, it look like he‘s not fitting in with their immediate plans right now, so would a £3M bid (perhaps rising to £4M with clauses and additions), be accepted?

£3M-£4M is still a lot of money for our club to spend on one player, but if Cresswell turns out to be the real deal (and many of us feel he will be), how much profit could we recoup in two or three years time (whether we’re in the Prem by that time or still in the Championship), when we sell him on to whoever?

Nobody knows whether Cresswell will kick on, or even if we would have a sniff of get him back at all. He definitely was a good fit for us. We'll never know what really goes on behind the scenes at the club, but GR on the face of it doesn't appear to be overly concerned by him not being here.

Last edited:
Nobody knows whether Cresswell will kick on, or even if we would have a sniff of get him back at all. He definitely was a good fit for us. We'll never know what really goes on behind the scenes at the club, but GR on the face of it doesn't appear to be overly concerned by him not be here.
That’s because Rowett is hoping that Cooper and Hutch will stay fit, which is certainly possible for the former, less so for the latter!

This thing with Cresswell is a strange one!

First of all Leeds want to keep him, then he’s for sale at the right price (£6M), now he’s on the bench when last week he could have been filling in for their starting CB! The poor bloke probably feels he’s been kicked hard in the bollocks and must wonder what he’s done wrong?

I know on another thread Peckham said to let Cresswell go, as we are not going to get him, but I just wonder if a PL or Championship club came in with a decent bid for him, whether Leeds might jump at the chance of taking it and letting Cresswell go?

We all thought that Ballard would go back to Arsenal and kick on with them. Next thing we know he’s signed for Sunderland for an amount we could have easily matched! I’m not saying we could afford to pay Leeds £6M, but if the bloke is on the bench, it look like he‘s not fitting in with their immediate plans right now, so would a £3M bid (perhaps rising to £4M with clauses and additions), be accepted?

£3M-£4M is still a lot of money for our club to spend on one player, but if Cresswell turns out to be the real deal (and many of us feel he will be), how much profit could we recoup in two or three years time (whether we’re in the Prem by that time or still in the Championship), when we sell him on to whoever?
No one knows if Cresswell wants to be anywhere but at Leeds and no one knows how much Leeds would now want.
Quite a few days left of the transfer window and it would seem that our younger defensive players ain't ready to push for a starting spot yet, a loan might well be on it's way but so might 4 at the back so we need to be patient and see what happens.

Staff online