Team v The Tigers

silverlion

Staff member
Things have got to change. Two points out of a possible nine is hardly play off form with no goals scored. It is the latter which is the most concerning and it is plainly obvious that if you don’t score goals then you don’t win matches. And it is a win that we really need. At this stage of the season a point is OK but if you really want to pull away from the chasing pack then you really need three points. Norwich are only two points behind us and they play Rovrum tomorrow at Carrow Road and you would imagine that their tails will be up after beating Blackburn on Friday. A win for them seems a lot more of a formality than us winning at Hull.
GR will be acutely aware of our situation and will have spent time looking over his options and planning over the past two days to give us the best chance of a win tomorrow. It is not that we haven’t been creating chances but we just haven’t been able to put the ball in the back of the net. Hence, change is needed. Not in goal though as Long looks solid and will be keen to shine against his old club. Danny did not have the best of games on Friday and we all know that he can play better. Shack could take his place but I think either a friendly arm around Danny’s shoulder or a sharp kick up the rear is called for to get a better performance out of him. Hutch was cramped up at the end of Friday’s game but should be good to go tomorrow. Cresswell could be out for six weeks with his fractured eye socket and blurred vision so we may not see him in a Millwall shirt again. Cooper should start alongside Hutch with Murray wide left.
Midfield has issues. Leonard tweaked his groin and GR said that he took him off to prevent further damage. I don’t think he will have recovered sufficiently to play at Hull but we have Billy fit and available and he should start alongside MOM Sav. I hope that Flem is fit to start. it was a surprise that despite him practicing his free kicks pre match he did not take one during the game. He should be good to start but the two wide players are up for debate. Burke apparently did plenty of scoring in Paris with his girlfriend during the international break but he was poor in that department on Friday. He should start on the bench. Likewise Vogi proved yet again that he strong and aggressive but makes poor decisions on the field. When you are through on goal you put your foot through it and don’t do a couple of 360 degree turns in the six yard box. He needs to be on the bench too. Honeyman needs to start to shine against his old club and Watmore needs a good talking to bust a gut on the other wing. Burey could be an option but is probably a better bet as an impact sub. Bennett is crocked again so he will not feature but Sir Tom should lead the line.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Watmore
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Shack Esse Burey Vogi Burke

Fuck playing a defensive midfield now, we need to win games so should just go for it then tighten up if we lead the game. Esse and Burey on either wing, Leonard, Malone and two up top.

We're to predictable now and oppo managers don't have to think to hard to work us out and stop us. Blackburn and Preston won't be easy so treat this game as a cup final, change it up and go for the fucking throat. It's better to die fighting than to die on your kness.

Things have got to change. Two points out of a possible nine is hardly play off form with no goals scored. It is the latter which is the most concerning and it is plainly obvious that if you don’t score goals then you don’t win matches. And it is a win that we really need. At this stage of the season a point is OK but if you really want to pull away from the chasing pack then you really need three points. Norwich are only two points behind us and they play Rovrum tomorrow at Carrow Road and you would imagine that their tails will be up after beating Blackburn on Friday. A win for them seems a lot more of a formality than us winning at Hull.
GR will be acutely aware of our situation and will have spent time looking over his options and planning over the past two days to give us the best chance of a win tomorrow. It is not that we haven’t been creating chances but we just haven’t been able to put the ball in the back of the net. Hence, change is needed. Not in goal though as Long looks solid and will be keen to shine against his old club. Danny did not have the best of games on Friday and we all know that he can play better. Shack could take his place but I think either a friendly arm around Danny’s shoulder or a sharp kick up the rear is called for to get a better performance out of him. Hutch was cramped up at the end of Friday’s game but should be good to go tomorrow. Cresswell could be out for six weeks with his fractured eye socket and blurred vision so we may not see him in a Millwall shirt again. Cooper should start alongside Hutch with Murray wide left.
Midfield has issues. Leonard tweaked his groin and GR said that he took him off to prevent further damage. I don’t think he will have recovered sufficiently to play at Hull but we have Billy fit and available and he should start alongside MOM Sav. I hope that Flem is fit to start. it was a surprise that despite him practicing his free kicks pre match he did not take one during the game. He should be good to start but the two wide players are up for debate. Burke apparently did plenty of scoring in Paris with his girlfriend during the international break but he was poor in that department on Friday. He should start on the bench. Likewise Vogi proved yet again that he strong and aggressive but makes poor decisions on the field. When you are through on goal you put your foot through it and don’t do a couple of 360 degree turns in the six yard box. He needs to be on the bench too. Honeyman needs to start to shine against his old club and Watmore needs a good talking to bust a gut on the other wing. Burey could be an option but is probably a better bet as an impact sub. Bennett is crocked again so he will not feature but Sir Tom should lead the line.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Sav
Honeyman Flem Watmore
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Shack Esse Burey Vogi Burke
Except that would have Esse in for Watmore.

Every Championship game is available to watch on Sky on Monday except one. Guess which one.

Probably not the right time to put him in in some respects, but I'd love to see Esse start. The boy is a massive talent and offers something we don't have.
I wouldn't be surprised if he starts either Monday or Saturday, we have just had 2 good performances where the only part missing was a goal and I think he deserves his chance now that the others have had theirs.
Not on red button then this might help

It says a lot about a 17 year old that when he came on Friday, whenever he had the ball the defenders doubled up on him, make no mistake this kids talent is well known in the game that managers recognise the threat when he came on.
Now is the time to give him a start and lets see what he can really do, because this kid could get us promoted and is one of the few attacking players that we have.
The last time i saw a Millwall player so obviously talented was Gordon Hill.

Last edited:
It says a lot about a 17 year old that when he came on Friday, whenever he had the ball the defenders doubled up on him, make no mistake this kids talent is well known in the game that managers recognise the threat when he came on.
Now is the time to give him a start and lets see what he can really do, because this kid could get us promoted and is one of the few attacking players that we have.
The last time i saw a Millwall player so obviously talented was Gordon Hill.
So you reckon he’s been sussed already? Wow?

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Malone (more attacking)
Billy Saville
Esse Flemming Watmore
Bradshaw

Need a little more attacking impetus, the front 4 plus Malone gives us a little more attacking sense i reckon. I'd rather us go at the game from the off tomorrow.

Long
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Wallace
Billy, Saville, Honeyman
Flemming, Bradshaw, Esse
No point going there not to get beat.
Got to get a much needed 3pts.
COYL

Fleming higher up the pitch to partner Bradshaw and focus on attacking. Malone is one of our best crossers but needs more than 10 mins so start him and use Esse at 60 mins.

Long

McNamara Hutch Cooper Wallace

Honeyman. Mitchell Saville. Malone

Fleming
Bradshaw

Those lucky enough to be going please take your seat earlier than normal, fantastic entertainment is being laid on for you.