Team v The Swans

silverlion

Staff member
Another opportunity for us to lay down a marker and get three points against a team who are fourth from bottom on 6 points. On paper it looks to be an easy task but in reality it is never easy. Under their previous manager they passed us to death and always managed to get a result against us. Now they have a new man in charge and are not having it all their own way. Whatever, it will be a challenge especially as we have a few crocked. Inevitably there will be changes but no change in who wears the gloves as Bart is sure to start.
The first big debate is whether GR opts for two CB’s or three, especially as Murray is crocked. Does he bring Wes in for a start and stick with three CB’s or just use two with Leonard and Cooper filling those positions? It’s a tough call. It’s clear that Cuffy will slot in on the right but does Joe make a start on the left? Or does he stick with Longman on the left? Another tough call.
Midfield seems to be a little more settled with Casper and Campbell claiming the shirt so I think he will stick with that. Will Rab be fit to start or is a place on the bench be all he can hope for? And the same could be said for Honeyman who might start on the bench. Flem should start but will GR be tempted to give Emakhu a start up front with Watmore. It’s all a matter of opinion and also who has passed a late fitness test.
My thoughts are,

Bart
Cuffy Leonard Wes Cooper Joe
Casper Campbell
Longman Flem Watmore
Emakhu

Subs Trueman Danny Nino Sav Billy Esse Rab Honeyman Leahy

Another opportunity for us to lay down a marker and get three points against a team who are fourth from bottom on 6 points. On paper it looks to be an easy task but in reality it is never easy. Under their previous manager they passed us to death and always managed to get a result against us. Now they have a new man in charge and are not having it all their own way. Whatever, it will be a challenge especially as we have a few crocked. Inevitably there will be changes but no change in who wears the gloves as Bart is sure to start.
The first big debate is whether GR opts for two CB’s or three, especially as Murray is crocked. Does he bring Wes in for a start and stick with three CB’s or just use two with Leonard and Cooper filling those positions? It’s a tough call. It’s clear that Cuffy will slot in on the right but does Joe make a start on the left? Or does he stick with Longman on the left? Another tough call.
Midfield seems to be a little more settled with Casper and Campbell claiming the shirt so I think he will stick with that. Will Rab be fit to start or is a place on the bench be all he can hope for? And the same could be said for Honeyman who might start on the bench. Flem should start but will GR be tempted to give Emakhu a start up front with Watmore. It’s all a matter of opinion and also who has passed a late fitness test.
My thoughts are,

Bart
Cuffy Leonard Wes Cooper Joe
Casper Campbell
Longman Flem Watmore
Emakhu

Subs Trueman Danny Nino Sav Billy Esse Rab Honeyman Leahy
Silver, the ref might decide to only allow 11. 🤔

Bart
Leonard Wes Cooper
BNC Campbell De Norre Longman
Esse Flemming Emakhu

I don't know how fit Nisbet is so I'd play this team. He won't play that front three but he should. The Millwall crowd will back Esse and Emakhu all day long and the support they'd get would inspire them. Esse can drift inside and allow BNC to go outside him while the left hand side of Longman and Emakhu could cause no end of problems for Swansea, Flemming can play as a striker. He is a brilliant finisher and Rowett should tell him to stay up there and play only between the width of the posts.

E I O

Bart
Leonard Wes Cooper
BNC Campbell De Norre Longman
Esse Flemming Emakhu

I don't know how fit Nisbet is so I'd play this team. He won't play that front three but he should. The Millwall crowd will back Esse and Emakhu all day long and the support they'd get would inspire them. Esse can drift inside and allow BNC to go outside him while the left hand side of Longman and Emakhu could cause no end of problems for Swansea, Flemming can play as a striker. He is a brilliant finisher and Rowett should tell him to stay up there and play only between the width of the posts.

E I O
Yes, agree, this would be worth a go

Members online