Team v Taffs

silverlion

Staff member
Following Tuesday’s epic defeat of Leicester we face a very different challenge of Cardiff on Saturday. From a position of lacking energy, belief and confidence we are now a team who have defeated one of the division’s best and now can’t wait to get our boots on. Following last night’s results we are now in a much better position to retain our Championship status. My mate thinks that one more win and a draw should do it but I think one more win could be enough. There are mixed views about Cardiff’s situation as they really have nothing to play for. Do they come to the Den and play with freedom and without fear or have they already got their bags packed and their flip flops on and couldn’t really care about our game. Time will tell. I can confidently predict that there will be at least one change for the game as Honeyman has about as much chance of starting as I do!
There is no doubt that Shark will wear the gloves as he played well on Tuesday. MOM Leonard will start at RB and Cooper and Tango will be our CB’s. Unless Joe has made a remarkable recovery then Danny will fill in at LB. After a gut busting display by Sav and an all action game by Billy they will both start in centre midfield. Longman’s marvellous goal has earned him another start but who will start on the right? Esse gave an encouraging display on the right so I am sure he will get the nod. Flem will be in as a ten and Oba will hope to give another good performance as the target man. Bradshaw and Rab will hope to play some part later in the game.
My thoughts are,

Shark
Leonard Tango Cooper Danny
Esse Billy Sav Longman
Flem Oba

Subs Bart Wes Hutch BNC Casper Mayor Emakhu Tom Rab

I think he will play with two up top at home now Bradshaw is fit
Not so sure about that. Think I read that Bomber said now Tom is hopefully back and Nisbet is close to getting a game, there's competition for his no.9 .
Think he'll put BNC in instead of Esse from the off. Another Tuesday night performance please boys ,get us another 3pts and bring us ever closer to safety. I've got back /neck problems so keep having to look over my shoulder to see if any of the other lot are sneaking up on us is a fucking pain.
Get the Purdey out and shoot these bluebirds down.
COYL

Can't agree with you on this one mate which is rare. I think he has a greater impact when coming on when legs and minds are tiring. If he starts and gets lumps kicked out of him or has no impact it leaves us with one less ace up our sleeve if needed.
You would think BNC would be the obvious replacement unless him and Leonard swap places?

Can't agree with you on this one mate which is rare. I think he has a greater impact when coming on when legs and minds are tiring. If he starts and gets lumps kicked out of him or has no impact it leaves us with one less ace up our sleeve if needed.

Well, one of us would end up being wrong and let's face facts, it's me!

Well, one of us would end up being wrong and let's face facts, it's me!
He's just like Twinklebollox and Flemming. Needs the ball at his feet to have an impact. He will have learnt plenty today about himself today. So will have Harris.

Last edited:
He's just like Twinklebollox and Flemming. Needs the ball at his feet to have an impact. He will learnt plenty today about himself today. So will have Harris.

He tried but made quite a few mistakes. It's a good job Leonard was behind him. It was a bit too much physically for him today.

You were right about him being better coming on and I think the same goes for Emakhu.