Team v Swans

silverlion

Staff member
Is it easier to play a top six side than to play a side that is languishing below mid table and has got nothing much to play for? For them it is a free hit and they have nothing to lose but a top six side has everything to play for and will come at you from the first whistle. We have a great opportunity to get three points but for many of us we have been there before. There are times we are so great to watch and we just love to win. There are other times when we are so good at shooting ourselves in the foot and we feel so utterly miserable walking away from the Den when the points have slipped through our fingers. Let’s hope that tomorrow is not one of those nights!

We must be brimming with confidence after Saturday’s win over Reading. Long really has to keep his place as he had no saves to make so he is sure to start. Likewise Danny, Cresswell Cooper and Murray gave an assured performance in defence and kept a clean sheet so, barring injury they should all start.
Midfield may have issues. Sav might have tight calves and playing two games in four days might be a bridge too far. I am sure that Shack is waiting to take his place. Leonard should start.
After I had expressed my doubts about Vogi he smashes in the penalty winner and guarantees his place for tomorrow. Flem is nailed on but who plays wide on the other side. Do you go for a sure bet with a Honeyman or do you want to run at them hard with Burke or start with Watmore. It’s a tough call. Sir Tom is nailed on as the lone striker.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Sav Leonard
Honeyman Flem Vogi
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Hutch Shack Esse Burke Watmore

Time to give Esse a start, Burke although quick makes too many wrong decisions like when we broke forward on Saturday and he had the choice to pass to Bradshaw who had two defenders close by or Fleming who was in a better position, he chose Bradshaw.

Leonard was buzzing at the end of the last game and should start. Be nice to get a brace of early goals for a change. However I fear the usual nail biter coming up.

Time to give Esse a start, Burke although quick makes too many wrong decisions like when we broke forward on Saturday and he had the choice to pass to Bradshaw who had two defenders close by or Fleming who was in a better position, he chose Bradshaw.
Yep should have passed to Fleming. Can’t see him staying with us next season except if we’re in the Premshit.

Is it easier to play a top six side than to play a side that is languishing below mid table and has got nothing much to play for? For them it is a free hit and they have nothing to lose but a top six side has everything to play for and will come at you from the first whistle. We have a great opportunity to get three points but for many of us we have been there before. There are times we are so great to watch and we just love to win. There are other times when we are so good at shooting ourselves in the foot and we feel so utterly miserable walking away from the Den when the points have slipped through our fingers. Let’s hope that tomorrow is not one of those nights!

We must be brimming with confidence after Saturday’s win over Reading. Long really has to keep his place as he had no saves to make so he is sure to start. Likewise Danny, Cresswell Cooper and Murray gave an assured performance in defence and kept a clean sheet so, barring injury they should all start.
Midfield may have issues. Sav might have tight calves and playing two games in four days might be a bridge too far. I am sure that Shack is waiting to take his place. Leonard should start.
After I had expressed my doubts about Vogi he smashes in the penalty winner and guarantees his place for tomorrow. Flem is nailed on but who plays wide on the other side. Do you go for a sure bet with a Honeyman or do you want to run at them hard with Burke or start with Watmore. It’s a tough call. Sir Tom is nailed on as the lone striker.

My thoughts are,

Long
Danny Cresswell Cooper Murray
Sav Leonard
Honeyman Flem Vogi
Bradshaw

Subs Bart Molly Hutch Shack Esse Burke Watmore
I always respect your posts Silver but considering you forgot all about the German last week & he scored the winning goal I hope your predictions are nearer the mark this week ;)

Just popped up in me box messages

John,​
It’s great to be able to talk to you once again.

Gary Rowett and his squad are doing incredibly well as we approach the season’s run-in. To be in with a chance of a place in Play-Offs is a testament to the team spirit that has been built, and having two players in Tom Bradshaw and Zian Flemming finding the net on a regular basis has proved immensely beneficial towards the club’s hopes of promotion. But while they are getting the headlines, in truth everyone is contributing in equal measure to our performances and results.

There are just six home games to go in 2022/23 – a half dozen important matchdays in what could end up as the most memorable campaign in this great club’s history. With the team’s form at The Den this season being up amongst the best that the League has to offer, your support – as it always is – is going to become more vital than ever to maintain that record.

Next up is the visit of Swansea City on Tuesday 14th March, a game which I will be attending. It would be great to see as many of you as possible there, echoing the magnificent atmospheres you have created in recent times.

Nights under the lights in SE16 are spectacular occasions, with this one expected to be no different. Let’s roar the lads on to three more points in their quest for glory.

Can't wait to catch you there!

All the best,

John Berylson

Honeyman will be critical in closing down Manning, who is there bast player
He would be a great addition to our squad. I think he has 6 or 7 assists this season. A real threat and stopping him will go a long way towards getting a result.

He would be a great addition to our squad. I think he has 6 or 7 assists this season. A real threat and stopping him will go a long way towards getting a result.
According to NAD he may not be playing!
Predicted Millwall XI: 4-2-3-1: Long; McNamara, Cresswell, Cooper, Wallace; Shackleton, Saville; Burke, Flemming, Voglsammer; Bradshaw

whatever we go with, it will be committed , this squad really want it, aside from Esse, any of the subs could start, and we wouldn't be much different. Esse only because of youth and inexperience, and we still possibly will see Billy, and Bennett again this season.