Team v Owls

See exactly what you’re saying mate it is a mystery this bad defending, but a lot to consider. Our defence is aging, none have been quick and the game now has picked up pace. Missing hutch arguably makes cooper less reliable and possibly less well positioned. The fact previously their sole aim was to clear the ball maybe meant speed and fitness was less of a requirement, now pass movement and touch is imperative. Might be too hard for a leopard to change its spots. All JE is doing is what most managers adopt now, it’s risky, especially if you haven’t got a good first touch, or can pass the ball with your first touch. It seems our costly errors seem to be being made by the older players. Just maybe from coaching youngsters brought up on one touch passing football he’s expecting experienced pros to do it easier. My opinion a new empire needs building with youth, but here’s hoping we stay up and JE starts to evolve the team by blooding youth, and mid twenty players. Our old method of 25% possession, blocking, hoofing then scoring from a set piece to win 1/0 is not sustainable to achieve success. All my opinion.
Sorry to tell you this kidda but 90% of your opinions are bollox. Fuck yer JoBall (patent pendin) I ll ave me RoBall (patent pendin) and just because every fucker else is doin it don t make it work. You play to your capabilities and for the team we ve got it s RoBall (patent pendin)

Got to play De Norre, he’s a typical Millwall player. I can’t work out how we get overrun in midfield when we only play 1 up top. Need 2 up top and be more direct. Don’t play in the final third enough
If we choose to start every phase of play virtually on our own goal line and try to advance toward the final third with tippy happy, it's no surprise the opposition notice and press us. We need variety in our approach. Sometimes fast sometimes slow, sometimes high sometimes low. And why do we wait until the oppo has trotted back, turned around and had a chat before we do anything at all. We need them to be running towards their goal with us on their shoulders/Heels.

I’ll go 442

Leonard Cooper Harding Danny

Esse Honeyman De Norre Major

Obi Bradshaw

The fault well, one of many, was to seemingly let Real Ipswich cross the ball at will, because we are so good at defending, no crosses!

Fleming , harding, tanga,Wallace ,Septic do not warrant a start , yes he binned the 2 C H,s but he got to put players who will give 100% and be proud to wear the sh irt , Wallace I admit does that but is now too slow to.play full back and the lack of communication between players stood out like a sore thumb on wednesday.......from what was a routine game on Saturday is now a massive 6 pointer ,let's hope the team and tactics are spot on

Post of the year contender :clap:
I’ve said all along been arguably player of season every year, because he’s practically played out of position every game and done it admirably, accepts his inadequacies but makes up with his effort and commitment. Plus his cruyff turn every match. A fantastic player for us. One of our most composed players on the ball.

If we play 3 in centre midfield, Mitchell should be one of them. Might not be the most technically gifted but does the donkey work. Let the Belgium and honeyman be the ball players.

Leonard at the back so at least one defender has got some pace.

Staff online

Members online