Team v Hull

silverlion

Staff member
A difficult game against a decent side after a hard fought and surprising win at Home Park. It is one thing to defend in depth against a team who throw the kitchen sink at you for the first twenty minutes and then deliver the sucker punch after an hour. Then go on to deliver the coup de gras in added time and walk away with all three points. They, of course will be looking to bounce back after a tonking at the Tractor Boys during the week and will play us without their captain who is crocked.
Clearly those who played on Tuesday deserve another chance to show that they can carry out GR’s instructions and get three points. There is no doubt that Bart did his very best to keep them out and deserves a start on Saturday. Likewise Danny who was crisp in the tackle and had a very solid game. The first big question is whether GR will play two or three CB’s. My guess is that he will,go with three and they would be Leonard, MOM Wes and Cooper with Joe slotting in on the left.
There is a debate about who should partner Casper in the middle. GR’s preferred choice is Campbell but he has not set the world alight for me. Sav scored midweek so maybe that should be enough to get him a start. Watmore was superb at Plymouth and so was Flem so I would start them and an improving Rab upfront. Clearly there will have to be changes on the bench as Longman cannot feature against his parent club and Bradshaw did tell me in the car park last week that he would be back.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Leonard Wes Cooper Joe
Casper Sav
Flem
Watmore Rab

Subs Trueman Murray BNC Billy Campbell Esse Emakhu Bradshaw Honeyman

I'll go for the same as at Argyle, I would like to see Saville in for Campbell.
At least Hull will go looking to score which helps us a bit but their possession based game is going to make it dull at times, 70% possession with 80% of it in their own half.