Team v Blackpool

silverlion

Staff member
Normally this type of game wouldn’t be one that we might fear but our injury/transfer/out of form situation is not one that we can approach with confidence. Or is it? We have always been a team that considers itself to be an underdog and we thrive in such situations. There is no question that this will be a tough one and GR will have to be at his very best in getting the very best out of a squad that is depleted. I can confidently predict that there will be changes, especially up front. He is also very good at mind games and Blackpool will think they are facing a depleted and dejected team who have lost three on the spin. On the plus side there will be players making a start who are out to show what they can do. The big question is whether they are good enough.

There is no question that the big Pole is good enough. He played well last week making some great saves and it was just a pity that he couldn’t save the bearded one’s tap in at the death. That’s football! Danny will be keen to continue his improvement at RWB and I expect him to start. There have been calls on here for GR to play four at the back but I cannot see a cautious man like GR doing that. If Pearce is fit then I can see him being recalled I. The centre of a back three but if he is not then it could be the normal suspects with Molly at LWB.

Midfield is an issue. All my mates in block 29 could not see what Evans brought to the table last week and it would be a surprise if GR couldn’t see it. Saville looks as if he has returned to fitness so he should start alongside Billy. Jed is touch and go….as he has been for a month or so…..so the best he can hope for is a place on the bench. Could Mahoney return as a ten to replace a crocked Ojo or is he too much of a risk? Or do we stick with a solid four across the middle with Burey given a chance to impress wide right? That seems likely to me. Bennet can play wide left with a chance to step inside and support Benik ploughing a lone furrow up front.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray Molly
Burey Billy Saville Bennett
Benik

Subs Long Pearce Evans Ben Mahoney Jed Lovelace

Normally this type of game wouldn’t be one that we might fear but our injury/transfer/out of form situation is not one that we can approach with confidence. Or is it? We have always been a team that considers itself to be an underdog and we thrive in such situations. There is no question that this will be a tough one and GR will have to be at his very best in getting the very best out of a squad that is depleted. I can confidently predict that there will be changes, especially up front. He is also very good at mind games and Blackpool will think they are facing a depleted and dejected team who have lost three on the spin. On the plus side there will be players making a start who are out to show what they can do. The big question is whether they are good enough.

There is no question that the big Pole is good enough. He played well last week making some great saves and it was just a pity that he couldn’t save the bearded one’s tap in at the death. That’s football! Danny will be keen to continue his improvement at RWB and I expect him to start. There have been calls on here for GR to play four at the back but I cannot see a cautious man like GR doing that. If Pearce is fit then I can see him being recalled I. The centre of a back three but if he is not then it could be the normal suspects with Molly at LWB.

Midfield is an issue. All my mates in block 29 could not see what Evans brought to the table last week and it would be a surprise if GR couldn’t see it. Saville looks as if he has returned to fitness so he should start alongside Billy. Jed is touch and go….as he has been for a month or so…..so the best he can hope for is a place on the bench. Could Mahoney return as a ten to replace a crocked Ojo or is he too much of a risk? Or do we stick with a solid four across the middle with Burey given a chance to impress wide right? That seems likely to me. Bennet can play wide left with a chance to step inside and support Benik ploughing a lone furrow up front.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray Molly
Burey Billy Saville Bennett
Benik

Subs Long Pearce Evans Ben Mahoney Jed Lovelace
Pearce is out with a groin injury

This is NAD's take on the team

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; McNamara, Hutchinson, Cooper, M Wallace, Malone; Mitchell, Evans; Thompson; Bennett, Afobe.

Last count I saw were Ojo, Bradshaw, Leonard & Ballard all definitely out. Rowett said Pearce wont make Blackpool, Jed, Bennett, Murray & Saville all 50/50.

Maybe Muller will be in the squad, Mahoney was on the bench last week so may have hurt a muscle. Maybe there'll be an incoming today......

with what we have, surely time to go to a flat back four, with Murray at left back, Malone seems to have lost what little ability he had to defend, so with that in mind, and injuries (Bennett or Jed not fully fit? )? into account for starting line up

Bart
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Murray
Burey Saville Thompson Mitchell Malone
Afobe

with Burke in for Burey if GR wants to throw him straight in

subs Long, Evans, Mahoney, Jed, Bennett, Lovelace, Burey/Burke