Team v Baggies

silverlion

Staff member
This is as tough as it gets and we will need all we have got and more to get anything out of this one. Their recent record is impressive. Four wins and 2 draws from the last six and they sit fifth in the league and are pressing hard for a play off place. As KJ often said that at some point their recent record will end and it could be us that ends it. Our recent record is not too shabby with three wins, one draw and two defeats and one of those defeats was away at the league leaders. The reality is that we have it all to do tomorrow but we shall all be up for it big time. My Dad used to say that the better the opposition is then the better we play. NH has had the best part of two weeks to work on the training ground with most of the squad and he will not be fazed about tomorrow’s opponents. He will have been looking to see who is up for the fight.
Deciding who will wear the gloves will not be an issue. Shark kept a clean sheet in his one performance in the international break and will hope to do similar against the Baggies. For me the RB slot could be a cause for debate. Leonard is good but we did look a different proposition when Danny came on at Elland Road. It’s a tough call. Cooper and Tango are nailed on but the same cannot be said for Joe. In my book he didn’t track Gnonto well enough before he unleashed his unstoppable shot for the opener. I also felt he could have done more to stop the second from James. Options are Murray or even Longman at LWB. Another tough call.
There are injury concerns regarding Sav who did not feature for NI in the friendlies. Will he have recovered sufficiently to start at the Den? Casper stands ready if he is not and some would say that he should start regardless. Billy is probably nailed on. BNC had a successful international break and is hoping that this good form should earn him a start on the right with Honeyman featuring on the left. Flem should slot into his role as a ten with Oba our only fit choice to start up front.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Tango Cooper Joe
BNC Billy Casper Honeyman
Flem
Oba

Subs Bart Leonard Hutch Murray Esse Longman Sav Watmore Emakhu

This is as tough as it gets and we will need all we have got and more to get anything out of this one. Their recent record is impressive. Four wins and 2 draws from the last six and they sit fifth in the league and are pressing hard for a play off place. As KJ often said that at some point their recent record will end and it could be us that ends it. Our recent record is not too shabby with three wins, one draw and two defeats and one of those defeats was away at the league leaders. The reality is that we have it all to do tomorrow but we shall all be up for it big time. My Dad used to say that the better the opposition is then the better we play. NH has had the best part of two weeks to work on the training ground with most of the squad and he will not be fazed about tomorrow’s opponents. He will have been looking to see who is up for the fight.
Deciding who will wear the gloves will not be an issue. Shark kept a clean sheet in his one performance in the international break and will hope to do similar against the Baggies. For me the RB slot could be a cause for debate. Leonard is good but we did look a different proposition when Danny came on at Elland Road. It’s a tough call. Cooper and Tango are nailed on but the same cannot be said for Joe. In my book he didn’t track Gnonto well enough before he unleashed his unstoppable shot for the opener. I also felt he could have done more to stop the second from James. Options are Murray or even Longman at LWB. Another tough call.
There are injury concerns regarding Sav who did not feature for NI in the friendlies. Will he have recovered sufficiently to start at the Den? Casper stands ready if he is not and some would say that he should start regardless. Billy is probably nailed on. BNC had a successful international break and is hoping that this good form should earn him a start on the right with Honeyman featuring on the left. Flem should slot into his role as a ten with Oba our only fit choice to start up front.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Tango Cooper Joe
BNC Billy Casper Honeyman
Flem
Oba

Subs Bart Leonard Hutch Murray Esse Longman Sav Watmore Emakhu
I can see BNC & Longman filling that position between them with one subbing the other.

Agree with @silverlion about Bryan. He switches off defensively too often. I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny at left-back and Leonard at right-back. If Casper plays then I suspect it will be for Billy and not Sav.

Big couple of games in such a short space of time. West Brom are playing very well and despite being well adrift, Rotherham won't lie down. If you gave me four points for these two games I would take it now.

Agree with @silverlion about Bryan. He switches off defensively too often. I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny at left-back and Leonard at right-back. If Casper plays then I suspect it will be for Billy and not Sav.

Big couple of games in such a short space of time. West Brom are playing very well and despite being well adrift, Rotherham won't lie down. If you gave me four points for these two games I would take it now.
Well it seems he's up for it Robbo!

Cannot fathom out why No Leonard as he as been the best & most con distant player all season but you still stuck with No nothing Fleming ?

we

Well it seems he's up for it Robbo!

Against Leeds they were attacking down our right and Bryan was looking at the ball and had his back turned in the penalty area. He had a player behind him and had no idea he was there. A defender has to be sideways on in their own box so they can look both ways to spot unmarked players. That's happened more than once with him. To be fair to Bryan, he is definitely more of a wing-back and needs the security of a left centre-back in a back three behind him. I don't think he is a very good left-back in a flat back four.

Agree with that. At least 4 or 5 goals conceded where he is either miles out of position or doesn't pick up the runner. Danny Mac is actually our best defender, particularly one on one.

Savs has an injury so it may be Mitchell & Casper.

Agreed about Leonard, cant see him not starting.
Nice that Danny can slot in on either side, provides an option if required.

Against Leeds they were attacking down our right and Bryan was looking at the ball and had his back turned in the penalty area. He had a player behind him and had no idea he was there. A defender has to be sideways on in their own box so they can look both ways to spot unmarked players. That's happened more than once with him. To be fair to Bryan, he is definitely more of a wing-back and needs the security of a left centre-back in a back three behind him. I don't think he is a very good left-back in a flat back four.
Spot on kidda. Decent goin forward hot/cold defendin.