Tango

Tanganga is a good example. From looking an absolute liability under Edwards, he is now one of our best players in just two matches! He can't have improved that much himself, it's obviously the change in manager that has helped.

Leaving personalities aside, it's clear that the players weren't capable of executing the passing game that Edward wanted. Passing across the back four (or five) might look good, but it's a recipe for disaster when player are not technically or mentally good at it.
Leonards attempted aberration of a pass across the box in the first half Saturday is a prime example of what you are talking about, which is strange as I think Leonard has some technical ability.
The results of the Edwards experiment are clear for all too see.

Tanganga is a good example. From looking an absolute liability under Edwards, he is now one of our best players in just two matches! He can't have improved that much himself, it's obviously the change in manager that has helped.

Leaving personalities aside, it's clear that the players weren't capable of executing the passing game that Edward wanted. Passing across the back four (or five) might look good, but it's a recipe for disaster when player are not technically or mentally good at it.

The results of the Edwards experiment are clear for all too see.
Getting the basics right makes the difference! all well and good playing some pretty football at times but as we saw with JE it's pointless if we cant defend properly...

Leonards attempted aberration of a pass across the box in the first half Saturday is a prime example of what you are talking about, which is strange as I think Leonard has some technical ability.

Edwards was probably the right appointment at the wrong time. If he'd taken over in the summer he would have been able to overhaul the squad and bring in more technical players - unforuntately these come at a premium!

I don't know why Tanganga has been reborn under Harris - it can't be coaching because there hasn't been time. It must be some kind of mental thing.

Edwards was probably the right appointment at the wrong time. If he'd taken over in the summer he would have been able to overhaul the squad and bring in more technical players - unforuntately these come at a premium!

I don't know why Tanganga has been reborn under Harris - it can't be coaching because there hasn't been time. It must be some kind of mental thing.
Tanga hadn’t played much first team football recently and, perhaps, it was just a case of him adjusting to the pace and physical demands of the Championship 🤔

For me he hasn’t been “reborn” as I rated him from the start having watched him play outstandingly for Spurs. He had a couple of unfortunate incidents in his first couple of games just like Cresswell. These things happen and doesn’t make them bad players. I’d even extend that view to Harding. He made a couple of cock ups and got dug out but he was ok until then and a couple of goals to boot!

Tanganga was promoted to Spurs' first team under Mourinho. Harris and Mourinho probably have a similar philosiphy when it comes to mentaility and footballing style.

The thing I have noticed about him from the start is that he is never hurried.
He never seems to sprint, because he is never so out of position that he has to.

Not running could be interpreted as laziness, or it's the sign of a class player.
In his case, I think it's the latter.

For me he hasn’t been “reborn” as I rated him from the start having watched him play outstandingly for Spurs. He had a couple of unfortunate incidents in his first couple of games just like Cresswell. These things happen and doesn’t make them bad players. I’d even extend that view to Harding. He made a couple of cock ups and got dug out but he was ok until then and a couple of goals to boot!
my spurs mate rates him very highly

That's interesting. I never saw him play for Spurs, so I had nothing to rate him buy.