Sutton

King of The Jungle

HT 1-0 up. Nisbet with a shot on the turn around the penalty spot. Keeper should probably have done a bit better.

Nisbet looks comfortable leading the line, looks quite quick.

Impressed so far with Bryan, he really looks like an athlete, quite a unit really. He has had some nice touches, looks switched on and has also taken a decent free kick and a corner. Dunno what it is, but he has something of the Ian Dawes about him. Maybe that sort of tidiness that Dawes had.

Most astonishing thing so far is seeing Saville with what I think is a slight sun-tan.

FT 3 nil. Nesbit with the second from penalty spot, nicely tucked away. He completed his hat trick with a direct free kick from the edge of the D. He certainly struck it sweetly and it appeared to curl around the wall rather than over, I couldn't really see angles cos of my position, but it was either a very good free kick or the keeper made a right bollox-up of his wall.

Both wing backs pushed further up the pitch 2nd half and Bryan was causing them all kinds of problems down the left. Very impressive.

Mitchell slotted nicely into the back 3 with Coops and Murray and nothing that Sutton had really bothered any of them all night.

Esse showed very quick feet and some nice touches and Watmore deserves a pat on the back for endless running, he was moving all over the place and did a lot to create space for others.

All in all we made Sutton look ordinary, which they probably are, without absolutely shining ourselves. All good though.

Oh, and Long did make a decent stop second half too.

Last edited:
FT 3 nil. Nesbit with the second from penalty spot, nicely tucked away. He completed his hat trick with a direct free kick from the edge of the D. He certainly struck it sweetly and it appeared to curl around the wall rather than over, I couldn't really see angles cos of my position, but it was either a very good free kick or the keeper made a right bollox-up of his wall.

Both wing backs pushed further up the pitch 2nd half and Bryan was causing them all kinds of problems down the left. Very impressive.

Mitchell slotted nicely into the back 3 with Coops and Murray and nothing that Sutton had really bothered any of them all night.

Esse showed very quick feet and some nice touches and Watmore deserves a pat on the back for endless running, he was moving all over the place and did a lot to create space for others.

All in all we made Sutton look ordinary, which they probably are, without absolutely shining ourselves. All good though.

Oh, and Long did make a decent stop second half too.
Thanks for the ‘Just Back’ KotJ!