Sunderland V Wall -Sat 3pm-------- match thread--------

Always thought Rowett tried the possession game a couple of times during his time then realising we ain't got that skillset. He probably saw it as the only way forward.
With Harris and his knowledge of the players he motivated them in a way Rowett could'nt. I hope Harris is given the chance to do some recruitment in the close season and see what he can achieve. One thing is definite , these are not a fluke set of scores in the last 12. Heads could have gone after defeats against Rotherham & Huddersfield but Harris got the squad through that .

Go down and rebuild. We've been promoted automatically once? in the last 20 year and rely on the play offs. Fucking rebuild and keep your fingers crossed is no way to run a football club.

Mini rant over.

Fold the moaners. Iron out thre Old kent road. Keep calm and Harris

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

:banana::banana::banana:

For a club the got 40,000 through the door today they were pretty quiet.
When things are going well for them they make a bit of a din. When it was going like it was today they were almost as silent as The Highbury Library! Were they yet another club that thought they just had to turn up to beat little old Millwall?
Although I didn't go today I watched it on telly. I take my hat off to you lot that were there. True Wall. Each and everyone of you. You were loud and proud each and everyone of you.
I feel like we have just won promotion! What a result!
Safe journey home all! Miiiiillllllll!

Sky Highlights: Looks like Watmore’s celebrations, after he scored, were muted, perhaps out of respect for the club he spent 7 years at 🤔

If so, top bloke 👍👏
Nah fuck the Mackems. 😉 Actually a decent sort. Me and a few mates had a few tinnies with them before the game outside Old Trafford. 👍

Always thought Rowett tried the possession game a couple of times during his time then realising we ain't got that skillset. He probably saw it as the only way forward.
With Harris and his knowledge of the players he motivated them in a way Rowett could'nt. I hope Harris is given the chance to do some recruitment in the close season and see what he can achieve. One thing is definite , these are not a fluke set of scores in the last 12. Heads could have gone after defeats against Rotherham & Huddersfield but Harris got the squad through that .
Yes I think he’s record now speaks against flukes and luck. Definitely some good management going on currently. His sub game has improved massively for instance

Superb result, I was not expecting that, well done to all that made the trip. Plus I'm sure my Mackem mum will forgive me from heaven god bless her. Will try try and go next week work dependent. Would be good to maybe meetup with some of you especially Peckham who sorted my last ticket.

Yes I think he’s record now speaks against flukes and luck. Definitely some good management going on currently. His sub game has improved massively for instance
Substitutions have been better but that might be because the squad is much better and he has players on the bench who are as good as those that start, if you look at all our subs yesterday I think they all would of been starters in the squad Harris left behind in 2019.

Was it me or did most of the Sunderland team look like clones, take one tall black lad with short dreads off, replace him with another tall black lad with short dreads, weird!

Tough watch and another three points, maybe now some of our lot can accept thats the way to stay in this league with our budget and players we have available to us. We tried another plan and it would have got us relegated if we had kept trying it.
I think we can see the players just couldnt make it work under Edwards and dare I say it maybe some didn't want to and fair play to NH for making them believe again.
I expect another difficult season next year nearer the bottom than the top end of the league, but its great to know its going to be yet another year in the Championship.

Just watched some bits back from yesterday and now I've seen why Flemming and Ballard had it out.
Flemming outmuscled Ballard, got the ball and Ballard left one on Flemming after the ball had gone resulting in a free kick. Ballard should have been booked for that but got away with it.
A minute later Flemming got his revenge. Ballard lost his head and pushed Flemming to the ground. They both got booked but in reality Ballard should have been off for 2 yellows.
What I absolutely loved was every Millwall player getting involved. When was the last time we saw that. Usually only Danny Mac or Honeyman who runs in for some. Great to see.