Regen latest

Yazz...........
I went out with her a few times when i first started DJing. Was doing bits for Coldcut who produced Doctor in the house which Yazz did the vocals on. Stunning bird with a voice of an angel. Sadly the hedonistic lifestyle that many of us were living caught up with her and the booze caught a grip. She did eventually overcome her demons and got heavily involved with spiritualism. Last i heard of her she was settled over in Spain and working with addicts.

I went out with her a few times when i first started DJing. Was doing bits for Coldcut who produced Doctor in the house which Yazz did the vocals on. Stunning bird with a voice of an angel. Sadly the hedonistic lifestyle that many of us were living caught up with her and the booze caught a grip. She did eventually overcome her demons and got heavily involved with spiritualism. Last i heard of her she was settled over in Spain and working with addicts.
Thanks for that P. I’ve extracted this from Wiki.

“ Yazz began to reevaluate her career choices: she wanted to give up a lifestyle that included her failed marriage to Summers (their union had resulted in a daughter, Rio, born in April 1990),[7] and her dependency on alcohol. After she had researched various religions, a friend who used to be her hairstylist suggested she try visiting her church. Soon, she decided to "turn her life over to Christ".[8][better source needed]

Her 2008 album Running Back to You, distributed in the UK by ICC Records, charted her spiritual journey and her new-found Christian faith. Yazz is now based in Spain,[9] and is an active member of the Calahonda BaptistChurch. She returned to Britain occasionally to promote this album, performing songs from it live interspersed with several anecdotes pertaining to her faith.[citation needed]

In August 2009, Yazz performed with a full band on stage for the first time in several years at a church in Southampton. In October 2010, she performed again with a band at Cathedral House in Huddersfield, home of the Huddersfield Christian Fellowship.[citation needed]”

Renewal and their web of companies don't seem to be able to get going just yet, not a lot of money in their account at the moment.

I wonder why the ex-Lewisham councillors have resigned 🤔

Just 3 directors left!

It still looks dodgy:wagging:

Thanks for that P. I’ve extracted this from Wiki.

“ Yazz began to reevaluate her career choices: she wanted to give up a lifestyle that included her failed marriage to Summers (their union had resulted in a daughter, Rio, born in April 1990),[7] and her dependency on alcohol. After she had researched various religions, a friend who used to be her hairstylist suggested she try visiting her church. Soon, she decided to "turn her life over to Christ".[8][better source needed]

Her 2008 album Running Back to You, distributed in the UK by ICC Records, charted her spiritual journey and her new-found Christian faith. Yazz is now based in Spain,[9] and is an active member of the Calahonda BaptistChurch. She returned to Britain occasionally to promote this album, performing songs from it live interspersed with several anecdotes pertaining to her faith.[citation needed]

In August 2009, Yazz performed with a full band on stage for the first time in several years at a church in Southampton. In October 2010, she performed again with a band at Cathedral House in Huddersfield, home of the Huddersfield Christian Fellowship.[citation needed]”
I suppose after going through all that she probably thought the only way is up :throw:

Another excellent article by Barney, who clearly gets us and the area👍

He supported us when the future looked grim and smelled the same dodginess in the Renewal deal that we all did, albeit an independent inquiry found all was above board :grinning:.

If it hasn’t already been done, I’d like to see the club recognise him in some way 👍

Last edited:

Members online