Possible solution to the Edwards issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion-in-exile

Could this work?:

Make Edwards head of development, he is in charge of the youth academy from top to bottom.
Get someone like Alex Neil in straight away, with one eye on Edwards for the future, he would still be part of the club in a high up position.

He would never agree to it, the only reason he dropped down to the Championship was to manage, he wouldn't consider dropping so low at our club and we couldn't afford the huge wage for such a lowly position.

If he isn't gone before Saturday's game then I feel the club need to make an announcement of why they are sticking by him but I think we will get the news soon and this time won't take so long to get a replacement as they would have seen this coming.

He would never agree to it, the only reason he dropped down to the Championship was to manage, he wouldn't consider dropping so low at our club and we couldn't afford the huge wage for such a lowly position.

If he isn't gone before Saturday's game then I feel the club need to make an announcement of why they are sticking by him but I think we will get the news soon and this time won't take so long to get a replacement as they would have seen this coming.
I really hope so, anything less is bad business.

Could this work?:

Make Edwards head of development, he is in charge of the youth academy from top to bottom.
Get someone like Alex Neil in straight away, with one eye on Edwards for the future, he would still be part of the club in a high up position.
Seems very reasonable but not sure about Alex Neil but someone who has tactical nous and willing to manage a championship club with potential of staying up.

Why should we be indebted to Edwards in any way and offering him other roles at the club? He’s shown nothing that suggests that he is some kind of super coach or footballing genius.

I’ve got a better solution, get rid of him.

As stated above, Edwards wouldn’t consider taking such a role, he’s come here to manage. Whether he’s capable of doing so or not is a different argument!

Secondly, the club wouldn’t feel compelled to make a statement of support if they still feel he’s the right man, despite what the fans may think.

I’ve just been past the training ground and he’s out there taking the session. I would’ve thought if anything was going to happen, it would’ve done so before training today 🤷🏻

Could this work?:

Not a bd idea. Probably comes down to what the exact wording of his contract is.

Make no mistake this appointment was made because it was the cheap option above all else.

A novice coach with no back room staff (and therefore no extra expenses) - perfect!

We’re good enough to stay safe this season, so it’s a free hit, start again in summer!…

Very naïve in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.