On this day 31 year ago

too many stories to tell about that place, my first game was in 71 ( Hull city 4-0 last home game of the season ) as you mention, it was an intimidating place for away fans and it’s hard to explain to todays scarf waving types who frown when you tell them.

My first experience of bedlam was Forest in a cup game 73 🤔 a mob of Forest came in the CBL clad in butchers coats (yesteryear football attire) some with silk Forest scarves tied to there wrists etc, I don’t think it was an attempt to take the end but a stupid mistake similar to swansea 84.

Within two minutes they were dealt with and you never heard another peep out of them all game, then you had the Pompey,Sheffield Wednesday ,Cardiff games in the mid 70’s and despite the hidings they took always turned up the following season ( I can remember Cardiff getting chased out the ilderton car park and Millwall looking for them the whole game.

Chelsea 76, to their own admittance was one of if not the worse beating they’ve ever had after the audacious attempt to take the CBL, spurs Boxing Day 77, West Ham 79 ( Millwall had some mob that night 👌🏼) Ipswich cup game 78, Bradford “ ointment” 83, Birmingham 86 and Covent Garden post match, so so many, I miss it still now just writing about it .