Next season changes

STWall

Seems Harris recognises the problem in the forward department . Kieffer Moore could still do a job for us, doubt Bmuff or a newly promoted Ipswich will want him.

We still have to move forward in the football playing department, the old ways will get sussed very quickly we need players with a bit of pace and skill otherwise we will be left behind.

When I heard NH was returning I thought it was an earth April Fool’s joke, ludicrous decision and wondered how our injury ravaged squad would cope with his favoured tactics 🤔

I give him credit for switching to a back four and galvanising the players to save us from what I thought was very likely relegation 👏

Next season I expect him to recruit a “big ‘un” to partner Nisbet/Bradshaw upfront (e.g. Kieffer-Moore as already suggested in this thread).

Don’t expect to see BNC or Tanganga again and I’m afraid it’ll be a goodbye with thanks and best wishes to great servants Murray and Hutch 👏👏

Desperate for Longman to return and, in my dreams, Cresswell. Perhaps Alex Mitchell can do the RCD job after a successful season with Lincoln.

I’ve have my doubts Flemming will still be here but am praying that De Norre is 🙏. Casper demonstrated yesterday, if he can remain fit and injury free, he’s our most creative player and the one to build around next season.

Long-term I have doubts about NH’s ability to take one of the most promising, talented batch of youngsters we’ve ever had and turn them into quality players but he has most definitely earned the right to continue what he’s started this season 👍

Last edited:
A sort of hands up Purley on the subject of Harris, some others with similar opinions have seemingly evaporated.

I thought if he kept us up, he pockets a big bonus and the club moves him ‘upstairs’. Now I’d like to see him to continue to get a tune out of the squad, which, incidentally I think, will be harder on a week by week basis when you aren’t staring relegation in the face, but as you say he’s earned a stab at that if he wants it and you have to think he does.

If (and it’s a big if right now) Leeds go up, Cresswell might be available…

A sort of hands up Purley on the subject of Harris, some others with similar opinions have seemingly evaporated.

I thought if he kept us up, he pockets a big bonus and the club moves him ‘upstairs’. Now I’d like to see him to continue to get a tune out of the squad, which, incidentally I think, will be harder on a week by week basis when you aren’t staring relegation in the face, but as you say he’s earned a stab at that if he wants it and you have to think he does.

If (and it’s a big if right now) Leeds go up, Cresswell might be available…
Most definitely a hands-up from me; agree he should eventually be given a position "upstairs" when he's got as much out of the players as he can.

Reactions: BLF
Most definitely a hands-up from me; agree he should eventually be given a position "upstairs" when he's got as much out of the players as he can.
but you can't tell someone who wants to manage that he isn't allowed to anymore.
Harris will stop being our manager at some point in the future and it will be his choice whether he wants to carry on managing, he still has many years ahead of him if he wants to be a manager.

but you can't tell someone who wants to manage that he isn't allowed to anymore.
Harris will stop being our manager at some point in the future and it will be his choice whether he wants to carry on managing, he still has many years ahead of him if he wants to be a manager.
That’s NOT what I’m saying, which is when his reign as manager comes to an end, as inevitably it will, he should be offered a job upstairs.

If NH wants to continue managing and leave it will be his choice 🤷‍♂️

That’s NOT what I’m saying, which is when his reign as manager comes to an end, as inevitably it will, he should be offered a job upstairs.

If NH wants to continue managing and leave it will be his choice 🤷‍♂️
Then you would have to sack Aldridge to create a vacancy that Harris might not take and I don't see us treating club staff that way.

Jay Stansfield at Brum on loan from Fulham would be a good addition.
I suspect NH’s thinking is we need someone with a greater physical presence than Stansfield.
Then you would have to sack Aldridge to create a vacancy that Harris might not take and I don't see us treating club staff that way.
It’s possible to create a vacancy without sacking someone 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Harris has proved he has the interest of the club at heart and knows when to call it a day.

i dont see harris as our future but deffo se him as a stop gap for our future a great servant for the club and honest enough to say this club is part of him and his family even his children are wall now

Harris on Mitchell.

“Alex Mitchell is slightly different to the younger guys,” Lions head coach Neil Harris said during a discussion about loans – including Kamarl Grant at Bromley and Niino Adom-Malaki, who spent the second half of the campaign at Sutton. “Alex’s development is slightly ahead of theirs. Alex has had his loan into the Conference and League Two, now he has been in League One at Lincoln and had a terrific spell – narrowly missing out on the play-offs.

“Alex has played a lot of football out on loan, so we will have to have some discussions with Alex over the summer to what next season looks like.

“Alex is a player I know from being a youngster, when I was at the club originally. He is a player I have tracked at various levels over the past couple of seasons. As always, with all these young players – I mentioned Chin (Okoli), Niino, Alex and Kamarl – we have to look at the football process to help these players develop and can they effect our first team.