Millwall Podcasts

STWall

An interesting read and I wasn’t aware we had so many.

Got to admit the only one I always listen to is Uchtung Millwall. I’ve dipped into some of the others listed but they seem a little cringe for my taste. I like Nicks style as it seem to have more authentic Millwall flavour.

Watched the latest That Millwall Podcast on YouTube today, and it’s host, Mick, came out with an interesting bit of statwankery! He reckons that when we play the Spotters on the 25th, it will be exactly 10,000 days ago, on that same date, that our league 1 neighbours last beat us!

True or false?

If true is it gonna be a good or bad omen for the game?

Hopefully the former!

The Spotters played away at Wealdstone today, and beat them 5 - 0, so they’re tails will be definitely up! 🤣

Watched the latest That Millwall Podcast on YouTube today, and it’s host, Mick, came out with an interesting bit of statwankery! He reckons that when we play the Spotters on the 25th, it will be exactly 10,000 days ago, on that same date, that our league 1 neighbours last beat us!

True or false?
He must be talking about a friendly. The last time they beat us in a competitive game was on Saturday, 9th March 1996:

Hoping if the Millwall boys on CharltonNoLife are also on here, they can give the spotters that stat after the game on Tuesday (assuming we don’t lose that is!)

Love to see their reaction if the stat continues! 🤣

He reckons that when we play the Spotters on the 25th, it will be exactly 10,000 days ago, on that same date, that our league 1 neighbours last beat us!

I'm not sure what you are saying? It may well be 10,000 days.
But it will not be on that same date. The date of the last time they beat us was the 9th March, not the 25th.

Didn't they beat us in a friendly at the Den after that league game, or am I imagining it. Or did we win/draw that one as well? It looks like 'MillwallFan' might be discussing that friendly over on No Life.

1.JPG

I'm not sure what you are saying? It may well be 10,000 days.
But it will not be on that same date. The date of the last time they beat us was the 9th March, not the 25th.

Didn't they beat us in a friendly at the Den after that league game, or am I imagining it. Or did we win/draw that one as well? It looks like 'MillwallFan' might be discussing that friendly over on No Life.

View attachment 23264
If memory serves they were a Premiership side (and we had been relegated to league 1), when they beat us in a friendly, at home, 4-1 in July 2006.

The next friendly was when we played them at The Den, July 2011, in Alan Dunne’s testimonial match where we beat them 4-3.

Think that was the last two friendly meetings between both clubs (but I could be wrong!)

Think this Mick bloke should have stated that the last time they beat us in a league game was, as you said up thread, 9th March 1996, and which leFerne alluded to being nearly 10,000 days from that date to tomorrow’s date!