Line Up thoughts

brockleyhuts

With the signings we have, apart from a possible goalkeeper change, what are thoughts on the defence. The number of midfield players we have would make we think we would play four at the back, which was what made it work last season from around that Watford game onwards. Having Cooper, Harding and Hutchison or Wallace in a back three seems a backward step, with two wing backs, and say a front three of Nisbet, Bradshaw with Fleming behind , it leaves only two midfield spots for about eight players! I could see us starting with Cooper and Harding, Hutch seems injury prone, and Murray is in a bit of limbo, not trusted to be a main centre half, and it would seem not the starting left back? On paper some very good signings

Bart
Danny Mac, Harding, Hutch, Cooper, Bryan
Esse, Billy
Flemm
Nesbit, Bradshaw

or
Bart
Danny Mac, Hutch, Cooper, Bryan
Esse, Billy, Flemm, Watmore
Nesbit Bradshaw

Thing is plenty of options available with Wallace, Honeyman, Leonard, Saville, Emakhu, Slammer, Belgian,

442 Diamond I hope.
(If we play 3 Centre Backs and 2 wingbacks I fear we’ll struggle like we did last season until he wised up and changed it when we were about 4th from bottom).

Bart

Danny Hutch Cooper Wallace

Saville

Esse Fleming Watmore

Bradshaw Rab C

I'd be surprised if it's not the way we have lined up in the friendly games so far, otherwise what's the point?

Long
Hutch Cooper Wallace
Harding De Noore Bryan
Esse
Flemming
Bradshaw Nisbet

Subs from
Bart, A.Mitchell, McNamara, B.Mitchell, Leonard, Honeyman, Saville, Watmore, Voglsammer, Emakhu.

Now I defy anyone, even Rowett's strongest critics, to argue against the fact that every year he has improved the squad. That is a hell of a squad. Compare that squad to the one he inherited. It is night and day.

Long
D mac hutch Lenny cooper Bryan
saville esse
Flemming or de norre *
Rab c watmore

Flemming if not sold *

Surprised how few have Billy M in their 11 (just one of you I think). He's young and will only get better, madness dropping him now in my humble one.

I think whatmore should start. From what ive seen of him he is a better all round player than flemming. So if he does go we will be ok

4-2-3-1

Gk:Long
Lb:Bryan
Cb:Cooper
Cb:Hutch
Rb danny Mac
Dm De Norre
Dm:Savile
Am:Fleming
Am:Watmore
Am:Esse
Cf:Bradshaw

3-4-1-2

Gk:Long
Cb:Cooper
Cb:Hutch
Cb:A Mitchell
Lwb:Bryan
Rwb:de Norre
Cm:Savile
Cm:Leonard
Am:Esse
Cf:Bradshaw
Cf:Nisbet

I'd be surprised if it's not the way we have lined up in the friendly games so far, otherwise what's the point?

Long
Hutch Cooper Wallace
Harding De Noore Bryan
Esse
Flemming
Bradshaw Nisbet

Subs from
Bart, A.Mitchell, McNamara, B.Mitchell, Leonard, Honeyman, Saville, Watmore, Voglsammer, Emakhu.

Now I defy anyone, even Rowett's strongest critics, to argue against the fact that every year he has improved the squad. That is a hell of a squad. Compare that squad to the one he inherited. It is night and day.
That bench would beat a lot of our
first teams from the last 15 years