Leadership

• Thread starter LionsMet Removed At Own Request
  • Start date
L

LionsMet Removed At Own Request

This is the key element I believe we are missing & badly!
Im only going on since I started watching Wall in the late 80's so I cant go on previous players.

I know hes not upto scratch & not worthy of a place in the side, but Pearce showed leadership qualities. Grit, determination, focused, able to get the players going & up for it etc.

Briley, Rae, Hurlock, Morison, Shittu, Wise, Robinson & many more true leaders wearing our shirt.
There's not 1 player who has these qualities or comes close.

But we dont have that in Rowett either nor the numpty who stands next to him who god only knows what he adds to the pot.

We need leadership on & off the field & fast otherwise we wont last in the Championship for much longer.

Im only going on since I started watching Wall in the late 80's so I cant go on previous players.

I know hes not upto scratch & not worthy of a place in the side, but Pearce showed leadership qualities. Grit, determination, focused, able to get the players going & up for it etc.

Briley, Rae, Hurlock, Morison, Shittu, Wise, Robinson & many more true leaders wearing our shirt.

But we dont have that in Rowett either nor the numpty who stands next to him who god only knows what he adds to the pot.

We need leadership on & off the field & fast otherwise we wont last in the Championship for much longer.
This. 100%

Spot on, can't be a coincidence that since Davidson left the performances have been steadily getting worse, he had the leadership qualities that we are sadly lacking!

Smith and Bradshaw are out of contract at the end of the season, Bod can just fuck off and Afobe's loan will end. So that leaves us without a strike force come the end of this campaign unless im mistaken ?
That’s why I’ve been banging on about some amount of money being allocated in January for a forward!

Unless Drawett is thinking of bringing Olaofe back in January?

We could sign Starmer, he's a natural.

Nothing stopping Pearce getting involved from the sidelines if Rowett had the brains to utilise him. However, if someone suggests him putting his boots on I'll spontaneously combust

Do feel we have the leaders within the squad already. Although there are some games where it feels we are missing a real leader, when it comes down to the nitty gritty side of the game.

Pearce has to start certain games this season alongside Hutch and Coops, especially against teams such as Luton, Barnsley and the more 'physical' games where the players need to stand up and be counted for. They are what matter most for us at the moment, if we really want to build a charge up the table. Consistency.

Jed is a leader, Saville in his own way (sets a standard), Pearce, Hutch and even Dutch to an extent. I think it is just the style of play that is affecting the teams morale and attitude towards games initially, which is why when things look tough, no one seems to rally the troops.

Do feel we have the leaders within the squad already. Although there are some games where it feels we are missing a real leader, when it comes down to the nitty gritty side of the game.
I've felt that, certainly this season. To the extent on Saturday that i was hoping Thompson would come on and stick a strong tackle in and fire us all up. We are definitely missing a Robbo type character in the side.

Smith and Bradshaw are out of contract at the end of the season, Bod can just fuck off and Afobe's loan will end. So that leaves us without a strike force come the end of this campaign unless im mistaken ?
With Jed and Cooper also looking like they may go we could be in real crap. Its a shame we lost fergie but still have evans, pearce and bod.

One of our greatest leaders.if not the finest leader on the pitch was 'Arry Boy. Not the finest or cultured player butyou'd run through a brick wall for him.
My old man said the same thing funnily enough. Hard as nails & never gave up.