Kavanagh's end of season letter to Millwall fans

I agree but it does show that he understands the fans and is very warm in his praise of the continued support we give to the club. He is also right to point out that the whole pre match experience has been enhanced significantly in recent years making the whole day a richer experience. I personally think that he has moved us forward in many ways and does not deserve the criticism that he faced on here recently. He is on a completely different page from Andy Ambler who you never hear of nowadays.

I agree but it does show that he understands the fans and is very warm in his praise of the continued support we give to the club. He is also right to point out that the whole pre match experience has been enhanced significantly in recent years making the whole day a richer experience. I personally think that he has moved us forward in many ways and does not deserve the criticism that he faced on here recently. He is on a completely different page from Andy Ambler who you never hear of nowadays.

Yes, he has done what is a difficult job very well. The attendances this season have been remarkable.

I forgot about Ambler. I wonder what he's up to?

Yes, he has done what is a difficult job very well. The attendances this season have been remarkable.

I forgot about Ambler. I wonder what he's up to?
From the FA website and his remit is obviously not successful. 🤷‍♂️

Andy Ambler
Director of Professional Game Relations

Andy joined in the autumn of 2016, following a nine-year spell as chief executive at Millwall Football Club.

He took up a newly-created strategic role to strengthen relationships with the professional game in line with its four-year strategic vision to provide trusted regulation and efficient administration.

A key focus for Andy is to develop positive engagement and collaborative working across the Premier League, English Football League and their clubs, as well as those organisations representing players, managers and supporters.

Andy previously spent time at Fulham, and also served on the Football League board.

From the FA website and his remit is obviously not successful. 🤷‍♂️

Andy Ambler
Director of Professional Game Relations

Andy joined in the autumn of 2016, following a nine-year spell as chief executive at Millwall Football Club.

He took up a newly-created strategic role to strengthen relationships with the professional game in line with its four-year strategic vision to provide trusted regulation and efficient administration.

A key focus for Andy is to develop positive engagement and collaborative working across the Premier League, English Football League and their clubs, as well as those organisations representing players, managers and supporters.

Andy previously spent time at Fulham, and also served on the Football League board.

What the fuck does Director Of Professional Game Relations mean? Why do so many job titles these days make zero sense?

This sounds interesting from the letter:

"I appreciate it’s been a bit quiet on certain other matters of late, not least the redevelopment of land around The Den. While we’ve not been able to say anything publicly for some time, behind the scenes we have been continuing to work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for the club. We are very pleased with the progress made and I’m comfortable in saying that we hope and expect some incredibly positive news in this regard very soon. There will of course be a separate statement released on this as soon as we can."

Well Andy,you obviously didn't do much to prevent the deletion of replays in the Cup.
Will be a real blow to all clubs,especially to lower leagues and non League clubs.

What a great statement.

He gets dogs abuse from some but I personally think he is doing a brilliant job, one not many would be keen to take on or defend our club with such vigour.

The regen sounds hopeful too, and let’s be honest if that falls through we do have big problems as James and family will not want to continue this amount of investment with no hope of a return

What the fuck does Director Of Professional Game Relations mean? Why do so many job titles these days make zero sense?
It’s the usual wankspeak robbo. Designed to mean sod all so that the special people can make it up as they go along mate.

Season ticket ‘buy back’ is a good initiative.
Should be a simple thing to do with tickets being virtual, would be nice if you could just transfer your ticket to someone else like you can elsewhere.