Just back

Phlion54

Well not a lot needs to be said really yet another GR shite show at home, again we looked clueless in the final third and our forwards? never created a clean chance in the first half,defo penalty he was just too quick for Cooper ,2nd half we started well but missed too many chances and a howler by Bart with his " weetabix" save ( diving over the ball)we were chasing a game we were not really in, more poor defending left 3 Swansea players free at the far post and any one of them could have scored....tactics changed so many times I lost count but the underlining problems like our poor passing ,slowness in getting the ball forward and poor judgement gave an average side an easy win.....this is not millwall at home and I think something has to happen fleming, Wallace awful but keep their places ,should have taken off Fleming put Leonard into his place and put Harding on anyway we all know that the excuses will come out and nothing will change onwards to plymouth

Well not a lot needs to be said really yet another GR shite show at home, again we looked clueless in the final third and our forwards? never created a clean chance in the first half,defo penalty he was just too quick for Cooper ,2nd half we started well but missed too many chances and a howler by Bart with his " weetabix" save ( diving over the ball)we were chasing a game we were not really in, more poor defending left 3 Swansea players free at the far post and any one of them could have scored....tactics changed so many times I lost count but the underlining problems like our poor passing ,slowness in getting the ball forward and poor judgement gave an average side an easy win.....this is not millwall at home and I think something has to happen fleming, Wallace awful but keep their places ,should have taken off Fleming put Leonard into his place and put Harding on anyway we all know that the excuses will come out and nothing will change onwards to plymouth
Good shout Leonard in the middle. We are bullied there and overrun

From what I saw, there were opportunities to pass forward to players that were making themselves available, but for whatever reason these passes were not attempted.

The frustration was seen by the reactions of the players that had made space.

Possible reasons for not making these forward passes:

Reaction time too slow.
No confidence in ability to make the forward pass.
Afraid of crowds reaction to an attempted pass that goes astray.
Play safe and pass to a team mate who is immediately under pressure and loses the ball.

Good shout Leonard in the middle. We are bullied there and overrun
Those who wanted Billy 'out' of our midfield really need to think again, including GR. Ditto Danny Mac.
Without winning posession of the ball, and wing support when we:be got it, we will be turned over all the time in midfield.

One good thing to come out of yesterday, Emakhdu's pace, fantastic. Could he play down the middle rather than out wide?

I always thought a "weetabix"save was when you made a straightforward save look difficult to look good.
Bart made a straightforward save look difficult and looked fucking áwful!
Reminded me of Bruce Grobbelar many years ago,bent fucker!

Those who wanted Billy 'out' of our midfield really need to think again, including GR. Ditto Danny Mac.
Without winning posession of the ball, and wing support when we:be got it, we will be turned over all the time in midfield.

One good thing to come out of yesterday, Emakhdu's pace, fantastic. Could he play down the middle rather than out wide?
Don’t think Billy would have made any difference yesterday!

From what I saw, there were opportunities to pass forward to players that were making themselves available, but for whatever reason these passes were not attempted.

The frustration was seen by the reactions of the players that had made space.

Possible reasons for not making these forward passes:

Reaction time too slow.
No confidence in ability to make the forward pass.
Afraid of crowds reaction to an attempted pass that goes astray.
Play safe and pass to a team mate who is immediately under pressure and loses the ball.
Plus no vision to see the opportunity! ☹️