Just Back v the spotters

Leonard at right back way of the pace for their 1st, turned inside out.
Yep, had Danny been there, I think he would have had a better chance of stopping their player from putting that cross in!

He’s always been great defensively, it’s just his crossing up field I have a problem with, whereas Leonard can pick out a better pass or cross! What we need is an amalgamation of the two players to have the perfect right back/wing back!

I would like to think we were well below par on the first half performance otherwise if it was because Charlton are world beaters and are heading into europe in the next four to five years I will have to bite the bullet and lay a large bet of them to get promoted.
I thought Saville was our best player last night with Nisbet looking good when he eventually received some service.

This was a good & much needed workout. Esse & Emu were a breath of fresh air. De Norra was eager to get a foot in. Nessbit looks the full ticket. Charlton should do well if they play like that every week. I think we have the players we need. Now they just need to work as a whole machine rather than individual cogs. COYL

MOTM Saville
I didn’t realise that an “Emu” was so quick! 😉
1690364382425.jpeg

We look a lot better when we play two up front, thought Nisbet was on his own in the first half. Flemming was quiet but we know he will come good. Esse is a breath of fresh air and if your good enough age should not matter, hope he starts, not on the bench. The quality of our passing was poor in the first half, we improved and came back. I have no idea what are starting eleven will be.

From Southwark News - respect to Charlton 👍
“Despite the rivalry, the game began with the stadium unified in applauding Millwall’s late chairman John Berylson, who passed away earlier this month. This was the first home game since his death.

The Charlton players directed their applause at the Millwall fans in a moving moment of solidarity.”

Just shows how we all see things differently.
I thought Saville was terrible. Didn't track the runner first their first goal. Was too slow getting back for their second
By contrast it was Billy and Esse coming on that turned things round. Billy made the pass to Nesbit for the first and then won the ball, laid to Esse who played in Emakhu for the second.
Both did more in 30 minutes than Saville did all game.
I have already forgotten the first half :eek:

What I made of last night was; we look good taking it to a team, and the Spotters look very wobbly when a team takes it to them. Especially on the break.

I do hope we see more of that second half set up and play. But I do realise there will be more caution from us for the first ten games or so while this squad finds it's feet.

Billy Mitchell coming on transformed us. Evans gets unwarranted stick and played really well at centre-back, a position he has excelled in when he has played there. Esse and Emakhu are really special talents. Emakhu looked very raw last season but that goal was incredible. Nisbet's goal was that of a goalscorer and his performance was very good.

What I made of last night was; we look good taking it to a team, and the Spotters look very wobbly when a team takes it to them. Especially on the break.

I do hope we see more of that second half set up and play. But I do realise there will be more caution from us for the first ten games or so while this squad finds it's feet.

This post is far too sensible and reasonable and therefore you must be banned for a week.

If your gonna play a back 5 then I would honestly put Leonard next to Danny mac and Evans next to Bryan with coops. They seem to be better on the ball then both hutch and Wallace but can also ping a ball or get forward when need be. Playing hutch,coops and Wallace as a back three massively hinders us going forward and makes us to slow st the back.
On another note vogs not good enough and esse has to be a starter. Either emakhu or watmore also give us alot more fluidity when we go forward. Rowett needs to take the shackles off and stop being so defensive when picking his starting 11. No point going 2-0 down every week before deciding to go more attacking. It doest work 9 times out of 10 and is boring to watch. Bring on the new season 👊

If your gonna play a back 5 then I would honestly put Leonard next to Danny mac and Evans next to Bryan with coops. They seem to be better on the ball then both hutch and Wallace but can also ping a ball or get forward when need be. Playing hutch,coops and Wallace as a back three massively hinders us going forward and makes us to slow st the back.
On another note vogs not good enough and esse has to be a starter. Either emakhu or watmore also give us alot more fluidity when we go forward. Rowett needs to take the shackles off and stop being so defensive when picking his starting 11. No point going 2-0 down every week before deciding to go more attacking. It doest work 9 times out of 10 and is boring to watch. Bring on the new season 👊
“Rowett needs to take the shackles off and stop being so defensive when picking his starting 11”.
A leopard never changes its spots! Even after nearly four years!

“Rowett needs to take the shackles off and stop being so defensive when picking his starting 11”.
A leopard never changes its spots! Even after nearly four years!
One of my biggest gripes has always been how we defend with 11 at set pieces and corners. We never leave anyone up around the half way line for a quick break.
Even Millwall TV mentioned this last night.

Evans will not do in the Championship at centre back. He's ok against limited opposition, who back off allowing him time on the ball, but against a press, with a lump pinning him, just not strong enough.
For me Danny Mc should play right of a three, if Rowett is to persist with it, as he is an excellent defender

News flash: Charlton have cancelled their open top bus through Woolwich and Plumstead after drawing with Millwall last night despite being 2-0 up at half time