JE debates 5 or 3 formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can defend it all he likes, it does not work for us. If he wants to be stubborn and persist we have no chance of staying up. I don’t think he is as thick as a plank but these comments must be deliberately put out there so the club can see he will take us down and cost us a fortune. He won’t resign, he can’t resign but he is telling us he wants out. Please Millwall just bring this experiment to an end and lets get back to being Millwall again.

Last edited:
He can defend it all he likes, it does not work for us. If he wants to be stubborn and persist we have no chance of staying up. I don’t think he is as thick a plank but these comments must be deliberately put out there so the club can see he will take us down and cost us a fortune. He won’t resign, he can’t resign but he is telling us he wants out. Please Millwall just bring this experiment to an end and lets get back to being Millwall again.
“he is telling us he wants out.” How have you drawn that conclusion mate. 🤔

“he is telling us he wants out.” How have you drawn that conclusion mate. 🤔
Because the whole club can see 5 at the back with a lone striker will not work but he is telling us he is gonna stick with it…. We have no option but to get rid of him.

Because the whole club can see 5 at the back with a lone striker will not work but he is telling us he is gonna stick with it…. We have no option but to get rid of him.
But again, Rowett played with this same formation for ages, so why wasn't the same said then?

But again, Rowett played with this same formation for ages, so why wasn't the same said then?
I certainly did (I cannot stand 5 at the back) and so did many others. Rowett had us 4th from bottom with it, we then went to a back 4 and put Fleming directly behind Bradshaw. The players looked better and performances improved and we just missed the play offs. Then he went to a back 5 again this season and stuck Fleming on the wing leaving Bradshaw isolated once again. Fleming even spoke about being played out of position in the press.

We ain’t got 2 fit strikers
Fleming can play right behind Bradshaw like he used to when they scored a load of goals last season, Esse could too. Watmore can and Emakhu is fit again and by the sound of it the new bloke from Burnley is not far off.

Fleming can play right behind Bradshaw like he used to when they scored a load of goals last season, Esse could too. Watmore can and Emakhu is fit again and by the sound of it the new bloke from Burnley is not far off.
This was my biggest issue, Shipping our best attacking player out on the left hand side just to accomodate the back 5. Flemming has to play in that role behind the striker, would help if we had a decent one mind.

This is ultimately is going to cost him his job & the club its status in the league.

Rowett went through the same patch & when he changed to a 4 we went on a big run.

“I believe as well after speaking to a lot of players, there’s a lot of defensive players in this squad and it’s probably a bit bottom-heavy. And to get the best out of some of those individuals and to get the individuals you want on the pitch, a back five with wing-backs is an effective system for the team’’

This is mental to me tbh.

Rmac is better at RB
Cooper a different player in a 2
Wallace is not a wing back at all. Option to play LB.

Flemming is not a winger.

Bradshaw is on his Larry up top.

This is not getting the best out of the individuals by any stretch.

3-4-2-1 they call it. Literally Keeper & the 3-4 are in our half.

This does not make good reading, I hope he can turn it around but can’t see how if he sticks with his guns.

1 point out of 21 tells a very different story, just because we have a load of defenders at the club doesn't mean we have to play them all!!

If 442 is off limits, then i'd go 4312, our midfield get over run every game, definitely against Southampton on Saturday we need energy and pace throughout the team:

Bart

Danny Tanganga Leonard Boetang

Mitchell De Norre Honeyman

Flemming

Obafemi Emakhu

He can defend it all he likes, it does not work for us. If he wants to be stubborn and persist we have no chance of staying up. I don’t think he is as thick a plank but these comments must be deliberately put out there so the club can see he will take us down and cost us a fortune. He won’t resign, he can’t resign but he is telling us he wants out. Please Millwall just bring this experiment to an end and lets get back to being Millwall again.
Might already be too late to turn this around. The dogs the players got from some on Saturday really does not help.

Even my nan could play in a 4-4-2 and shes been dead for 20 years. It works and you dont have to think too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.