I believe we have the players but.

Can't argue with that. Probably the downside to having a former defender as coach. I guess they view the game with a touch more caution than an attacked minded man would. He's not doing bad though all things considered.

Can't argue with that. Probably the downside to having a former defender as coach. I guess they view the game with a touch more caution than an attacked minded man would. He's not doing bad though all things considered.
With his appetite for risk he should be anorexic! 🤣

I think after the international break and when all the new players bed in we are going to have one hell of a team that will be defensively solid and have attacking flair creating far more chances than we are currently.

yesterday looked more like a 3-4-1-2 and was very fluid at times

we went to an unbeaten resurgent Birmingham and more than held our own which I think is an impressive feat.

Rowett is the right man for me personally who has and is building something quite special.

We create plenty of chances during a game, it's down to the players to take them not GR. When everyone is fit and bedded in, and fit, we've got a very very decent squad, up to GR to sort out the most efficient way of putting them together, hopefully in a positive manner, and then the players to create and take the chances.
Simple innit. 😂😂😂😂

I think after the international break and when all the new players bed in we are going to have one hell of a team that will be defensively solid and have attacking flair creating far more chances than we are currently.

yesterday looked more like a 3-4-1-2 and was very fluid at times

we went to an unbeaten resurgent Birmingham and more than held our own which I think is an impressive feat.

Rowett is the right man for me personally who has and is building something quite specia

i'm just enjoying the fact that i'm not going to games with the horrible feeling that we're gonna get beat. It's horrible when we can't compete and you go with very little hope in your heart. It isn't pretty at times but i don't not enjoy being there like i have many many times over the last 46 years.

The season when you half know that it's a relegation one half way in is soul destroying and it hurts me very much. I get to the point where i want to run on and try to help :grinning: That and questioning my own sanity on my walk down Ilderton road to the inevitable defeat.

At no point during Rowetts tenure have i contemplated us going down. That alone makes going to games a pleasure rather than a chore. Perhaps i'm easily pleased or going soft as i get older but one thing is for sure and that is i know how to manage my expectations. Certainly in a division where there's many factors to consider before you start getting carried away. I wrote in another thread that Stoke alone spent on one player what we spent on all our summer signings.

We look a much stronger squad now, possibly the best i've seen a while. Whilst other teams are chucking big dough about in the hope it brings promotion we have to spend just to stand still and be safe.

As for Rowett and his approach. I remember him saying when all we had as a threat was twinkle bollox that if we try and play an expansive game without the players to carry it out we'd come unstuck. I think he was bang on with that assertion.

You can see from his acquisitions that he's trying to get us to the stage where we have ball players that can play joined up football and at the same time do some damage to an opponent. Whether he can take the next step and get all those players to click and play them for there strenghts is another matter but he's bit by bit built us a competetive and capable team.

Fuck knows where this team will take us. I'm to long in the tooth to be setting out targets cause the likley hood is you'll be disappointed. I enjoy games more when i keep my expectations to a realistic level. It's quite clear from reading this forum that there are a few that don't.

That's their perogotive and i admire their optimism but i can't see how they can enjoy the ride. As soon as we lose, draw, misplace a pass, the manager doesn't do what they demand he does the toys are chucked out of the pram. Someone has to be held responsible beit it a player or players, the manager, the assistant, anyone but them for making a complete cunt out of themselves again.

If that's not bad enough they do the same again the following week. Not a single thought that there's two teams out on the pitch. Not a fucking a seconds pause to understand that sometimes you just ain't good enough on the day or your opponents are a better side and that you can't win them all.