Harris has to go

Devoid of confidence or downed tools because they couldn't play the Edwards way.
All credit to Neil Harris for getting the results but them players let Joe Edwards down, some of the mistakes at times were comical Sunday league stuff.

What is the ‘Edwards way’ exactly? The only person to blame for the position we found ourselves in in late February was Edwards himself, a nice enough bloke but way way out of his depth. Thank God the board had the sense to get rid before it was too late.

What is the ‘Edwards way’ exactly? The only person to blame for the position we found ourselves in in late February was Edwards himself, a nice enough bloke but way way out of his depth. Thank God the board had the sense to get rid before it was too late.
Exactly. The 'Edward's way' would have be the way to League One for us. It's interesting that the players are making far fewer individual errors now, and we're forcing the opposition to create chances against us, rather than simply gifting chances to them.

I simply can't see the why some fans want to play an expansive, attacking, passing but losing game. Where will this 'entertainment' end? League 1? League 2? Non-league? How low do we have to sink, before they are sufficiently entertained?

Harris has done marvellous work since he came back. He's obviously got a great presence about him and commands respect, and he's a great man-manager. However, he's obviously no tactical mug either. You can't nullify teams the way we have recently by just geeing our players up.

I really wanted to iron him out. He made my skin crawl.

I didn’t know that he irked you that much P. Personally I was never convinced by him but it wasn’t until after the QPR away game that I knew that we had made a huge rickett. I’m amazed how some fans still seem to think that he is some kind of football genius and that the players were to blame. I’ve seen people bizarrely claiming that Edwards needed a preseason with the squad as if a few weeks in the summer would make the slightest difference.

The week before he got the sack we played Ipswich who are obviously a very good side but I noticed immediately before the kick off McKenna was on the touchline barking last minute instructions to his players while Edwards just sat in the dugout with his hands in his pockets looking totally and utterly lost.

It is one thing coaching teenagers who are the best at their level in games played on training pitches but it is a whole other world trying to lead a group of experienced professionals in one of the most competitive leagues in the game.

I didn’t know that he irked you that much
Just one of those things mate. I didn't trust him and thought he was cocky and sly from the word go. When he continued to send the team out under the same orders and for another defeat i then started to hate him and thought he was taking us for mugs. I remember him saying in an interview after another carbon copy defeat that the stats suggested we shouldn't have conceded from the area that we did. He then said we can't recreate the goals that we scored last season because we don't play that way anymore. My hatred of him was on par with my hatred for Holloway who i tried to clump.

Did he mention when he was at Chelsea then?
I remember him saying in January when he couldn't get the players that he threatened that he could - it wasn't as easy as he thought would be- I read that as he thought he could just make a call and wallop. No doubt that was a factor in the club falling for his spiel during the interview process- Arrogance personified!

Devoid of confidence or downed tools because they couldn't play the Edwards way.
All credit to Neil Harris for getting the results but them players let Joe Edwards down, some of the mistakes at times were comical Sunday league stuff.
unfortunately, Joe Edwards let Joe Edwards down. There is a reason why no team will touch him with a barge pole right now, and I can guarantee it's not because of millwalll players letting him down.

He wouldn't be able to do a job with a league 2 club with his tactics. He needs a high end premiership team with the way he wants to play games.. not because he's good enough, but because of the style he plays. No top team will take him on either. I'm unsure where he'll fit into the English pyramid of teams and I think he is more suited to going abroad to manage a football club than in the UK at this moment in time to progress his prowess and credibility. just my opinion.

I actually thought he had the players playing in a style that showed potential, keeping the ball and looking for the pass and move. It got found out very quickly. I would guess he never had the gravitas of a seasoned manager, to adapt and understand that his style wasn’t going to work with the squad and Championship football.

unfortunately, Joe Edwards let Joe Edwards down. There is a reason why no team will touch him with a barge pole right now, and I can guarantee it's not because of millwalll players letting him down.

He wouldn't be able to do a job with a league 2 club with his tactics. He needs a high end premiership team with the way he wants to play games.. not because he's good enough, but because of the style he plays. No top team will take him on either. I'm unsure where he'll fit into the English pyramid of teams and I think he is more suited to going abroad to manage a football club than in the UK at this moment in time to progress his prowess and credibility. just my opinion.
Maybe he's more suited to coaching and should stick with what he's best at. As for the team downing tools and giving in i don't think players always do it because they've given up. I was surprised that the team kept trying to be honest. The fight was still evident but confidence and self belief wasn't.

A shit man manager and getting beat every week will soon suck the life and confidence out of a player. He distanced himself from the team by blaming them for defeats in public. Edwards let them down because he wasn't getting the results that he's paid to get. He never changed anything ,was reliant to stats based data and probabilities and tactically naive.

.Forget about whether our players could adapt or were capable and was it wise to implement a completely different brand whilst in a relegation battle. They weren't fit enough for what he demanded and he knew that but on he went. He alluded to not having the players to carry out his plan but on he went.

No matter what your job is having a shit manager isn't fun. A shit lunatic that repeated the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result= Madness.

I watched our game at a mates earlier. We looked like a team that didn't want the season to end. The intensity and drive was evident. Credit to the management for being able to keep the team hungry and focused for a nothing game. Must be a breath of fresh air for the players to be winning games. They'll run through brick walls for their manager when he's getting them results.

You make a point. However we kept having cross field passes cut out at the back leading to goals, and he had no plan B.

Maybe he's more suited to coaching and should stick with what he's best at. As for the team downing tools and giving in i don't think players always do it because they've given up. I was surprised that the team kept trying to be honest. The fight was still evident but confidence and self belief wasn't.

A shit man manager and getting beat every week will soon suck the life and confidence out of a player. He distanced himself from the team by blaming them for defeats in public. Edwards let them down because he wasn't getting the results that he's paid to get. He never changed anything ,was reliant to stats based data and probabilities and tactically naive.

.Forget about whether our players could adapt or were capable and was it wise to implement a completely different brand whilst in a relegation battle. They weren't fit enough for what he demanded and he knew that but on he went. He alluded to not having the players to carry out his plan but on he went.

No matter what your job is having a shit manager isn't fun. A shit lunatic that repeated the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result= Madness.
That's it in a nutshell. (Maybe a largish coconut shell😁).