Goalkeepers

The fact is both keepers that have replaced Bart have been worse than him!!!!
In your opinion. Can you imagine where we'd be if Rowett had opted for Bart the season we spent long spells of in the top six. We drewa blank at the end and missed out because our forwards couldn't score in five of our remaining 9 games. Long kept clean sheets though so lets blame him/ the keepers for not winning games.

1712155039002.png

With Bart in goal and why he was dropped.

1712155253049.png

Long too over against Blackpool and the points started to roll in.

1712155393485.png

I'd say that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is justifiable unless you just want to point the finger and win an argument but the stats never ever lie.

In your opinion. Can you imagine where we'd be if Rowett had opted for Bart the season we spent long spells of in the top six. We drewa blank at the end and missed out because our forwards couldn't score in five of our remaining 9 games. Long kept clean sheets though so lets blame him/ the keepers for not winning games.

View attachment 25632

With Bart in goal and why he was dropped.

View attachment 25635

View attachment 25636

I'd say that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is justifiable unless you just want to point the finger and win an argument but the stats never ever lie.
I can't make head nor tail of that, but I did play football to pretty high standard and know a shit keeper when I see one!

I'd be well pleased to see Johansson in goal for us next season. Imo a very good keeper.

You could have Yashin, Banks, Buffon and Alisson rounded into one and he would probably concede 80 goals if he played for Rotherham. Worse team in the C'ship for years.
Last summer when I was hoping we would sign a GK I thought Johansson would be a good choice but having seen a lot of Championship highlights since then it would seem he is just like most other Championship keepers.

I don't see Sarkic being back up next season, we would have to take a loss on him and ship him out if we were to bring in a No1, our wage bill is as big as it can be at the moment.

For me it’s the distribution that lets Shark down in the main.

He either kicks for touch or unerringly puts it on an oppositions bonce and it comes straight back at us as a consequence.

He is still inexperienced for a 26 year old, this has been his first full season at the club that owns him and the most he has played anywhere.
He hasn't had a settled defence until recently, also had 3 different managers and JB's passing to contend with, so perhaps next season we will see an improved and consistent keeper, it's been a very long time since we have had a quality keeper, hopefully Sarkic will become our next one.
It will be interesting to see who we get to replace Bart, whether it's a young un or someone we might expect to be a No. 1 and compete with Sarkic.

Sarkic has cost us a lot of points
Our team in the first half of the season didnt know WTF they were ment to be doing. We went from having a good defence to being ripped at the back over and over again. So I would say shipping goals during that time was down to tactics and not the keeper. Sparky is doing ok. I have no complaints now he is keeping most of his kicks on the pitch. He looks like he is improving as well.

For me it’s the distribution that lets Shark down in the main.

He either kicks for touch or unerringly puts it on an oppositions bonce and it comes straight back at us as a consequence.
He was at villa probably ingrained in him to play out from the back rather than drop kicking it upfield.seems to have settled down now.

Our team in the first half of the season didnt know WTF they were ment to be doing. We went from having a good defence to being ripped at the back over and over again.
Indeed and why i asked if the poster had changed his mind now he's not a nervous wreck playing in a struggling team. Quite possible that is a was a confidence thing when playing for Edwards.