For old time sake

Loved that, and loved us playing in white.
007 could do worse than watch a highlights reel of Cahills goals. That is how I was hoping he was going to be like when he arrived, arriving late into the box. Did brilliant last year, hopefully just a slow burner this season.
COYL

That team was so dominant. Always on the front foot. For my money, one of the best sides we have ever had in terms of personnel alone. I used to turn up to games expecting and knowing we'd win and I don't think I ever felt like that barring maybe the end of the 1987-88 season when we went on that fabulous run. We should have beaten Brum in the semi-final and I think we'd have won the final and gone up. Our history would have looked very different.

I remember being very nervous before we played Rovrum at home that season in league 1.
Then we just blew them away 4-0. Paul Moody was a real battering ram of a centre forward for us. What a goal scorer he was.
Youngsters all around him to do the running for him, and he just banged in the goals when required.

As that video proves we have always been slow season starters and prone to losing a few at home.

Loved that team and the atmosphere most home games was quality. Shame the Greek didn't put up the money to buy the 1-2 players we needed to make it a championship winning team.

Who knows what would have happened if Harris hadn't got cancer and Sadlier got injured...

That team was so dominant. Always on the front foot. For my money, one of the best sides we have ever had in terms of personnel alone. I used to turn up to games expecting and knowing we'd win and I don't think I ever felt like that barring maybe the end of the 1987-88 season when we went on that fabulous run. We should have beaten Brum in the semi-final and I think we'd have won the final and gone up. Our history would have looked very different.

It was pretty amazing all around from us that season:

Last edited:
We started with 2 strikers, a back 4 and just 1 defensive centre midfielder. It was great to watch us attack from the off in every game.