Football finances and the future

Wage caps need to be looked at. Big clubs shouldn't be allowed to pay what other clubs in the same division can't pay. Only problem is the powers that be won't let that happen because it will slow and reduce the flow of money that goes in and out of the game. FFP is weak and only serves to help the bigger clubs.

When you have clubs like Man city being sponsored by state owned companies the game is up for the rest cause you just can't compete. The rules say you can only spend from incomes from football and commercial related incomes. One time a shirt sponsor paid very little now you have Man city being sponsored to the tune of hundreds of millions by a state owned airline so they can circumnavigate the rules and spend that money on players and wages.

Football stinks to high heavens. The shiny tv broadcasts, presenters in sharp suits, promoting anti race and slavery campaigns whilst being involved in what i believe is just one huge vehicle for high level money laundering. Roman Abramovich anyone!!!!!!!

and the answer is so simple. Stop paying inflated wages to average players.
Wage caps need to be looked at. Big clubs shouldn't be allowed to pay what other clubs in the same division can't pay. Only problem is the powers that be won't let that happen because it will slow and reduce the flow of money that goes in and out of the game. FFP is weak and only serves to help the bigger clubs.

When you have clubs like Man city being sponsored by state owned companies the game is up for the rest cause you just can't compete. The rules say you can only spend from incomes from football and commercial related incomes. One time a shirt sponsor paid very little now you have Man city being sponsored to the tune of hundreds of millions by a state owned airline so they can circumnavigate the rules and spend that money on players and wages.

Football stinks to high heavens. The shiny tv broadcasts, presenters in sharp suits, promoting anti race and slavery campaigns whilst being involved in what i believe is just one huge vehicle for high level money laundering. Roman Abramovich anyone!!!!!!!
I agree with your sentiments, but imo there is next to no-chance of a wage cap being introduced as the clubs, UEFA, PL, etc. do not want it.

The only possible solutions that I can envisage are either (1) a stand-alone Super League with no - or very limited - promotion and relegation, comes into being: Most of those left behind would likely lose their extremely wealthy backers and, over time, the European national leagues might, hopefully, return to a more-level playing field or (2) the whole thing implodes as the mega-rich owners find another pastime or sport to ruin.

I have no preference re these outcomes.

Wage cap is coming though, along the lines of 70% maximum spending of your income.
There might be loopholes and won't stop clubs buying trophies but the important point is that small clubs don't go bust, I'd rather have all the clubs in Div 2 through to the Conference league, still be in existence in 30 years at the expense of letting premiership cheat their way to trophies.

English football is being taken over by tv and the middle east, the fa /premier league or whoever once had control have sold their soul and their is nothing we can do about it.

Wage cap is coming though, along the lines of 70% maximum spending of your income.
There might be loopholes and won't stop clubs buying trophies but the important point is that small clubs don't go bust, I'd rather have all the clubs in Div 2 through to the Conference league, still be in existence in 30 years at the expense of letting premiership cheat their way to trophies.

English football is being taken over by tv and the middle east, the fa /premier league or whoever once had control have sold their soul and their is nothing we can do about it.
The devil will be in the detail, but I I don't really see how a wage cap based on a club's income will help. It's difficult to see how that levels the playing field.

One obvious loophole is that the owner pays a vastly inflated price to stick the name of (one of) his companies on the team's shirts which might lead to overspending no matter what level the club is at. I can't see how this could be prevented from happening.

The devil will be in the detail, but I I don't really see how a wage cap based on a club's income will help. It's difficult to see how that levels the playing field.

One obvious loophole is that the owner pays a vastly inflated price to stick the name of (one of) his companies on the team's shirts which might lead to overspending no matter what level the club is at. I can't see how this could be prevented from happening.
It's not about a level playing field, that ship has sailed, it is about stopping clubs going bust, never having another Bury happen again.

And they went bust for 1.25 times Jordan Hendersons weekly wage, I think.
It seems that was down to an owner who didn't have much money and shouldn't have been allowed to have bought the club, not that the EFL will take any blame.
Ownership really does need looking at far more than they currently do, after the anoraks deal goes through anyway.

Sky killed football, telling clubs to change k/o .3pm on a Saturday, killed the FA cup, fk Friday night Saturday mornings Sunday & Monday games

Things will never change while the likes of Rice sell.for 105 million, enforce a transfer and wae limit and players who want to play in this country will do it not let them f**k off abroad and bankrupt their leagues / clubs....European matches only affect around 7-8 teams out of the 72but we bow down & pander to them...football as got to be returned to tne fans & away from the likes of sky,eufa

Declan Rice 105 million to Arsenal confirmed is there no end to this lunacy
Middle east money and players selling their soul to play in Saudi means no one really knows where the sport will be in 10 years time.
It will never be as good as it was so let them all get on with it, as long as we don't join in.