Flemming's forearm smash and VAR.

Edward Alistair

I can't stand VAR and I can see it stopping me going to football altogether in the future so our 2nd goal the other night had me thinking 'If it was 0-0 and that happened against us would I want VAR'?
My conclusion is that even if we had lost 2 points because of that decision I would still rather be without VAR, after a few days I would of put it out of my head and taken it as something that has always happened in football and we win some we lose some.
I'd rather they put time and effort into making ref's better and working out a better way to make onfield decisions, technology can be used for ball being out of play, making throw ins taken from the right place etc but not to the extent that you can't celebrate a goal or be offside by half inch.

My conclusion is that even if we had lost 2 points because of that decision I would still rather be without VAR, after a few days I would of put it out of my head and taken it as something that has always happened in football and we win some we lose some.
I've always said this
Some you win, some you loose

Mind you had Flem did that in a pub he would have got nicked

Cant see a lot wrong when fleming got the ball, he just put his arm across the players chest the player knew he had lost the ball and tried to con the ref by going down, probably why it was not given.
I thought the same. He tried to con the ref and lost out. Possibly was a foul, but the theatrics got their own reward.

1min 45, I like your thinking but I think we do have to concede it was a foul.
Not a single Argyle player complains though.

"Not a single Argyle player complains though."

Obviously the ref was not the only one to think it was no foul, their players would have surrounded the ref after we scored, the fact they did not is very telling.

Their player tried to be clever and got robbed by the stronger player who wanted it more.In real time to me it looked like a nailed on foul and the ref to blow up..Never mind, as the old cliche goes 'it evens itself out over the season'.

I can't stand VAR and I can see it stopping me going to football altogether in the future so our 2nd goal the other night had me thinking 'If it was 0-0 and that happened against us would I want VAR'?
I'd rather they put time and effort into making ref's better and working out a better way to make onfield decisions, technology can be used for ball being out of play, making throw ins taken from the right place etc but not to the extent that you can't celebrate a goal or be offside by half inch.
The ref and lino’s also need to work together as a team like they do in rugby. How many times do we see the Lino look at the ref who can be miles away for direction on which way to award a throw in? They are subordinate to the big ego in the middle and the smaller in stature they get the bigger the ego! Eg Keith Stroud with his ‘Napoleon Complex’.
This article from 2020 is proof in the pudding with scientific evidence 👍

The ref and lino’s also need to work together as a team like they do in rugby. How many times do we see the Lino look at the ref who can be miles away for direction on which way to award a throw in? They are subordinate to the big ego in the middle and the smaller in stature they get the bigger the ego! Eg Keith Stroud with his ‘Napoleon Complex’.
This article from 2020 is proof in the pudding with scientific evidence 👍

was good to see flemming chasing and making a few tackles later in that 2nd half - something he needs to do more. He often seems invisible when we dont have the ball