Fleming interview

FLW is total bullshit

Maybe the on-line mag is 'total bullshit' and mostly click bait...But on this occasion they haven't printed anything disingenuous towards the player or the club. Just a straight forward interview with the player probably saying what most players would say. Nothing alarming.

In fact, FLW said this:
"Firstly, you have to say this is a respectful admission from Flemming, and fans will appreciate that he isn’t demanding a move, as that’s not what you want to hear, especially as you fight to stay in the Championship".

He’s definitely lost his mojo this season and let’s hope it returns next season. It can be hard to see what he contributes as his plays are quite subtle and deft. For example his lobbed pass for Obafemi to scream away and score.

He hasn't been as prolific or consistent this season, but even last season there would be games he'd go missing. He frustrates the life out of me at times to watch as you know he has the ability, but seems just a tad rash/immature with his decision making.

However he still scores and assists in a system that most likely doesn't suit him and we've had 3 different managers this season, so not easy for anyone in the team to be consistent in that period of time.

Stability, with progression in mind for the next 1/2 years I think. Mid table and/or potential relegation battles for the next season or two, but also think that's natural for the period we're going through. So all I'd say, is have patience.

Season was a write off after GR left IMO. I'm just glad we're most likely one win away from being safe after the period under Edwards where we looked worse than doomed. Still sh*tting bricks and I'm sure the lads will have us on the edge of our seats all the way until the last game. :surrender:

Can't wait for the season to be over lol.

Got a bad gut feeling Flemming will be poached by one of the relegated teams from the Premshite next season, with the hopes of being promoted with them. So could end up playing against us next year... Burnley apparently open to rediscussing. Can see Sheff Utd being interested. Potentially one of the teams being promoted this year.

With his lack of goal involvements this year compared to last and our league positioning, compared to last. You'd sense he'd go for a sniff of what was quoted last summer, sadly.

All hear say and opinions, but HATE when one of our better players leaves us to join another team in our league. They play against us, and its like their previous reputation with us is forgotten!

To have turned down the money based on his excellent partnership with Bradshaw the season before seemed positive to me at the time. To then play him out wide at the start of this season was madness. Based on how the financial position is looked at, I hope if a player wants to go in future we take decent dough to help balance the books. Be happy to see Fleming go if he wants and let Esse play there or play two conventional strikers.

He's frustrated me so much this season, great in patches, crap too often.

We all know he has so much more to offer...

Needs to get his head screwed on and he'll be an asset again.

Who is going to pay Obafemi's wages?
Hopefully he will drop a few quid to get first team football and for us to compete next season like it or not we are going to have to spend a bit more and offer higher wages. I don’t like the idea of spending above our means but next season is going to be tougher than this year. Selling an asset to strengthen by a few players and allow to complete on the wage front is something we should look to do, otherwise potentially his contract runs down and we get less or nothing and lose the opportunity, a bit like Jed really.

Going to be a very interesting pre season with players leaving/out of contract.
Hopefully our wheeling and dealing , albeit with our budget limitations , gives us some more than decent options from front to back.

Hopefully, he can play at a higher level… with us after we bounce back and win promotion next season. But, as my favourite quote from the film Bad Santa goes “Wish in one hand, kid, and shit in the other- see which one fills up first.”.

I think we’ll keep him for another season. His form has improved of late and, as stated, he’s top scorer with the most assists in a struggling team.

Last edited:
True. We do actually pay well. It's just transfer fees that we struggle with. Will be interesting to see if Burnley want to keep him on for next season in the championship. I'd personally like to see a striker come in that scores a few more goals than Obafemi.
I like what Obafeni brings, good pace a strong and can finish, not forgetting we have not seen the best of Nisbett yet, with Bradshaw pretty much a certainty to move Harris could go for an option of a big striker to give us some options.

Last edited:
All hear say and opinions, but HATE when one of our better players leaves us to join another team in our league. They play against us, and its like their previous reputation with us is forgotten!
Acknowledging that 'better' is entirely subjective, not many have come back to haunt us recently:
Jed?
Mahlon?
Fred?