FFP rules are unfair

STWall

There’s been a lot of talk on here about how FFP limits our activity in the January loan window.

My gripe with FFP is that it limits spending to how much profit you earn. This basically means that large clubs will stay big and small clubs will stay small.

Imagine in a business environment if you set a rule where businesses could only invest proportionally based on revenues. You would basically just entrench the current hierarchy permanently.

UEFA state the explicit reasoning given for financial fair play is to prevent clubs from going bankrupt and folding. But surely FFP is preventing smaller clubs like us far more from succeeding than it is clubs in the top half of the Premshit and those on parachute payments in our division.

FFP has a clear loophole where it allows you to spend more if you make more money. The obvious loophole is that you boost commercial revenues which United and City easily do.

I would like to see greater allowances for this rule to actually and ironically balance “fairness” so that JB has the opportunity to put £20M, £30M or £40M into the club if he wants to make that investment but without financial risk that may jeopardise our future. There would obviously have to checks and balances in place but these must be “fairer” than current rules which aren’t actually fair. FFP is a misnomer in my view.

How about you?

It could be better, could be done differently but it does stop owners loading the club with debt, gambling away it's future on one or two seasons.
There is a big difference in an owner putting in his own money and putting up all what the club owns as security against a debt.

I would rather see a system where the club has a bank account that must never be in debt and can't go below the level it was when the owner took over, that account is the clubs whoever the owner, then the owner can put in as much as he likes so when he is gone the club can't be any worse off.

You can never stop state owned clubs being top spenders.

Football is about earning money for its shareholders and protecting the elites Fa ,Eufa etc don't give a toss about the smaller clubs as long as the Man city,Liverpool's, psg are looked after , let's see how city are are charged with so their wrong doings ?

There’s been a lot of talk on here about how FFP limits our activity in the January loan window.

My gripe with FFP is that it limits spending to how much profit you earn. This basically means that large clubs will stay big and small clubs will stay small.

Imagine in a business environment if you set a rule where businesses could only invest proportionally based on revenues. You would basically just entrench the current hierarchy permanently.

UEFA state the explicit reasoning given for financial fair play is to prevent clubs from going bankrupt and folding. But surely FFP is preventing smaller clubs like us far more from succeeding than it is clubs in the top half of the Premshit and those on parachute payments in our division.

FFP has a clear loophole where it allows you to spend more if you make more money. The obvious loophole is that you boost commercial revenues which United and City easily do.

I would like to see greater allowances for this rule to actually and ironically balance “fairness” so that JB has the opportunity to put £20M, £30M or £40M into the club if he wants to make that investment but without financial risk that may jeopardise our future. There would obviously have to checks and balances in place but these must be “fairer” than current rules which aren’t actually fair. FFP is a misnomer in my view.

How about you?

The problem with that is, if they spend 20/30m then go skint like other chairman’s have done it puts the club at risk.

They end up getting a points deduction, messing up the leagues & causing fans to lose their heads.

If they did that, they would probably have to get the owners to prove they can sustain this for 10 years or something.

Lastly, if you pump 20m in one season, that’s more millions for the following seasons in higher wages etc.

We’re known for having a good model. I wouldn’t vote going against it. The gates are picking up nicely, players will improve, you just have to sell them at the right time (Flemming).

Eufa etc don't give a toss about the smaller clubs as long as the Man city,Liverpool's, psg are looked after , let's see how city are are charged with so their wrong doings ?
Man city and Psg are a threat to Uefa. The elites like Ac Milan, Bayern Barca Liverpool Madrid, want a closed shop. Fuck them. They can't compete with state owned Arab football clubs.