Bury FC - Stadium Ban

Lionsteele

2 game stadium ban for 2 fans shouting abuse. 🤯

Ridiculously harsh punishment when the individuals were dealt with by the club. Sets a bad precedent.

At the same time, this is why I can’t tolerate helmets at games saying stupid shit. Only gets the real fans & the club in trouble. That can all get fucked off.
IMG_8922.jpeg

That is totally disproportionate. So a person or group of people can attend who want to cause trouble and deliberately shout abuse, and the ground gets closed?

Absolutely ludicrous. Where will this woke crap stop. "Oh he looked at me in an aggressive manner" FFS. I hope they take legal action to stop this. Its restriction of trade.

Do-gooders hanging the blame of society back up on a football coatpeg once again.
People only spend an hour and half inside a football ground. They spend the rest of the hours outside of it. Schooling, parenting, ways people have been brought up is all more of a problem than blaming it on football in general. Public Joe doesn't miss out, but the club who Public Joe couldn't give a rats toss about does.

Well you learn something new every day:

What happens when football is played behind closed doors?

Among the various effects from no fans being present, visiting players were cautioned significantly less often by referees. This suggests that closed doors matches are different because referees favour the home team less in their decision making.

It gets better:

"due to the offensive comments made by two supporters during our game"
Once again there is no mention of what was actually said and once again no advice offered on how to stop it happening.

I would of thought the way to deal with these situations is to let a judge decide, if it's that bad then they will be found guilty in a court of law and part of the punishment then becomes a ban from all sporting events.

Once again there is no mention of what was actually said and once again no advice offered on how to stop it happening.

I would of thought the way to deal with these situations is to let a judge decide, if it's that bad then they will be found guilty in a court of law and part of the punishment then becomes a ban from all sporting events.
An away fan had a rainbow shirt on. He was called a 'p**f' and 'fa**ot' by a couple of home supporters, Stewards were aware but did not take any action. The OB have video supplied by the club. They no doubt will face a criminal charge. Stupid idiots. Seems the club have done all they can after they found out. The ban is a perfect example of a knee jerk reaction.

An away fan had a rainbow shirt on. He was called a 'p**f' and 'fa**ot' by a couple of home supporters, Stewards were aware but did not take any action. The OB have video supplied by the club. They no doubt will face a criminal charge. Stupid idiots. Seems the club have done all they can after they found out. The ban is a perfect example of a knee jerk reaction.
Has to be more to it than that, hardly hatred in those comments.