BNC - training ground second home

STWall

Note the use of language- “freedom” “express” oneself and “free flowing” football. The leash is off now Rowett has gone! 👍

He sounds switched on. There's a few other good articles on that page. Asking the players for their feedback and ideas. Why have we not been doing that all along. They have to feel right and effective. The players are the only ones in a position to know this.

He's a good lad who deserves our 100% encouragement and support, like all our players.
Whilst all footballers live in their own world, we constantly get to hear or read that ours are generally as well grounded as you could expect from a modern day player, I would of thought that JB's attitude and stability in staff contribute towards that.

I cannot understand why the senior players in the squad did not say to the then manager that your ideas are not really working and the football is boring .....or did they or were they happy with his style ?

Hopefully he can continue to progress well here and who knows come next summer.... however our track record for signing half decent loans isn't particularly eye catching.

I cannot understand why the senior players in the squad did not say to the then manager that your ideas are not really working and the football is boring .....or did they or were they happy with his style ?
I think only winning twice in ten games and getting walloped at home by Leeds and Swansea was a bit of a clue for Rowett :grinning: Seriously - I'm sure the manager would pick up on that cause the players morale would be low. Perhaps the senior players do talk to him or relay it through Barratt to him.

I doubt they were happy with the style. I always felt that our creative and attacking players were shackled. He brought in some handy players in my opinion but never utilised them. Surely if a player attracts you when you see them play or watch the scouts videos you then play them the same way after you sign them.

Thing is we started to look settled and play well. The away form wasn't bad. We played well against Leeds and had we scored first it's a different game and result. The poor home form and then what happened at Norwich with the crowd was a defining in my opinion. How do players react or view there manager when he's getting slaughtered like he was? Does it make the players lose faith/respect? It was a shit thing to do cause he done a lot of good things for us. But with the benefit of hindsight i think it worked out well for both him and us cause his heart weren't in it he probably felt a bit betrayed and hanging about was only going to prolong the agony and inevitable.

Interesting BNC’s take on his 2nd half dribble. He thought he should have shot sooner, I thought he should have passed sooner 🤷‍♂️

I think only winning twice in ten games and getting walloped at home by Leeds and Swansea was a bit of a clue for Rowett :grinning: Seriously - I'm sure the manager would pick up on that cause the players morale would be low. Perhaps the senior players do talk to him or relay it through Barratt to him.

I doubt they were happy with the style. I always felt that our creative and attacking players were shackled. He brought in some handy players in my opinion but never utilised them. Surely if a player attracts you when you see them play or watch the scouts videos you then play them the same way after you sign them.

Thing is we started to look settled and play well. The away form wasn't bad. We played well against Leeds and had we scored first it's a different game and result. The poor home form and then what happened at Norwich with the crowd was a defining in my opinion. How do players react or view there manager when he's getting slaughtered like he was? Does it make the players lose faith/respect? It was a shit thing to do cause he done a lot of good things for us. But with the benefit of hindsight i think it worked out well for both him and us cause his heart weren't in it he probably felt a bit betrayed and hanging about was only going to prolong the agony and inevitable.
He stuck by his beliefs when they weren’t working. I think it’s the definition of madness, not to change something that’s broken. He took this club on by a mile, but he wouldn’t change and why should he. In most of our eyes he did brilliantly, but just the same as Harris and Jackett, he couldn’t get that extra yard out of a squad to make them real promotion contenders.

The strange thing is, most of us aren’t that bothered about promotion and a few years (if we’re lucky) of being battered every week. We just want a bit of fun and some entertainment that MAY give us the odd run at a cup final or a play off win. The thing is, Harris achieved it. Rowett didn’t. He bottled it when we were on the cusp of this desired entertainment. For this, I knew he would never be the man to take us onwards. But a I still take my hat off to him - he did us proud and I liked the bloke.

But a I still take my hat off to him - he did us proud and I liked the bloke.
Likewise mate. I also agree on how he viewed cup games but understand that he wanted to get us up.

I'm probably like you. I love the cup and it's brought our generation some great times and memories. The 3-2 away at Chelsea in 85 is one of my favourites and will never forget it. I still remember the whole day/ game. My old man and his mates piling out of the scaffolding lorry that we went in to weigh in a load of Chelsea on the embankment with a load of other Wall. It was going off every few minutes going towards the ground.

Likewise mate. I also agree on how he viewed cup games but understand that he wanted to get us up.

I'm probably like you. I love the cup and it's brought our generation some great times and memories. The 3-2 away at Chelsea in 85 is one of my favourites and will never forget it. I still remember the whole day/ game. My old man and his mates piling out of the scaffolding lorry that we went in to weigh in a load of Chelsea on the embankment with a load of other Wall. It was going off every few minutes going towards the ground.
We’ve had some amazing cup games mate. Everton, Leicester, Sunderland, Tranmere, Chelsea on pens, UTD, the list goes on. The cup was always a free hit and we all watched that draw - never wanting anyone else than West Ham away.

We’ve had some great times during my era 83-date.

Football goes in cycles. It feels like we’re sat poised for another purple patch, but with all the competition- it’s not a bit of luck anymore - it’s an absolute fine tuning of manage and players, which is why this appointment is so important. This is a talented bunch of players that could actually progress with the right coaching and management. Fingers crossed we get Pep.

It’s to do with ‘psychological safety’

He stuck by his beliefs when they weren’t working. I think it’s the definition of madness, not to change something that’s broken. He took this club on by a mile, but he wouldn’t change and why should he. In most of our eyes he did brilliantly, but just the same as Harris and Jackett, he couldn’t get that extra yard out of a squad to make them real promotion contenders.

The strange thing is, most of us aren’t that bothered about promotion and a few years (if we’re lucky) of being battered every week. We just want a bit of fun and some entertainment that MAY give us the odd run at a cup final or a play off win. The thing is, Harris achieved it. Rowett didn’t. He bottled it when we were on the cusp of this desired entertainment. For this, I knew he would never be the man to take us onwards. But a I still take my hat off to him - he did us proud and I liked the bloke.
If you always do what you’ve always done you’ll always get what you’ve always got! 😉

The poor home form and then what happened at Norwich with the crowd was a defining in my opinion. How do players react or view there manager when he's getting slaughtered like he was? Does it make the players lose faith/respect?
Maybe that gave the players confidence to speak up themselves, and that convinced GR to move on. Well that's my guess how things panned out.

He improved us and raised expectations , though we had our moments in the championship with jacket and Harris I always felt it wouldn't last , rowett has taken us as far as he could left us relatively stable with a good squad that with decent handling will remain competitive in a dog fight of a division, the best way to look at it is his overall game record which is pretty good the football may not always have been easy on the eye but he did a decent job and don't think he deserved half the flak he got particularly at the norwich game